Heavy Equipment Operator Job Osttend Landfill Ltd McKinneyby admin on more than 30 days
Osttend Landfill, Ltd Job Vacancies 2021Description :
The Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for safely and efficiently operating heavy equipment for the transferring, spreading, covering, loading and compacting waste and soil with equipment over 26,000 lbs. Works independently under specific and general direction, and as a team player.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Employees must be competent in their performance of each job duty. Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Punctual to each assigned shift.
- Attends company trainings and meetings, as directed.
- Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include a bulldozer, front-end loader, compactor, excavator, shredder, water truck and other equipment.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste in loads.
- Perform pre- and post-operation inspection and monitoring of the equipment and ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear-view camera are clean.
- Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Supervisor for repair needs.
- Must have a willingness to cross-train and assist other employees.
- Properly following company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Approaches all encounters with employees, customers and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Keeps immediate supervisor fully informed of all issues requiring his/her attention.
- Communicates with other operators via a 2-way radio for proper dispatch.
- Works overtime hours and Saturdays, as needed.
- Communicates to immediate supervisor of any unscheduled absences with as much notice as possible to ensure shift coverage, per the company PTO policy.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are the recommended qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited)
- Class C Texas Driver’s License
- Must be able to operate equipment over 26,000 pounds with proficiency.
- Must be able to read, write and understand engineering drawings and plans.
Work is performed primarily outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to sit, drive, stand, bend, reach, kneel, climb and walk.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds.
Each eligible full-time employee receives Medical, Dental and Vision health benefits. Employees also receive Paid Vacation, Sick, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $23.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- heavy equipment over 26,000lbs operating: 2 years (Required)
- Class C Drivers Liscence (Required)
- CDL (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Only full-time employees eligible
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Osttend Landfill, Ltd on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.