Jacobs Hiring 2021 - Jacobs is looking for a new official to fill Distribution & Collection Operator that will be placed in Pembroke Pines.
Jacobs Jobs 2021
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Collections and Distributions Operator perform a variety of tasks in the operation and maintenance of the collection distribution system on an assigned shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates and maintains equipment including but not limited to backhoe, aquatech, dump truck
- Operates and maintains all equipment used in trench work for both excavating and back filling and equipment used for cleaning and clearing sewer lines
- Installs new sewer lines such as service laterals, manhole cover and frame replacement
- Performs repairs on any defective sewer lines
- Performs daily and weekly preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Fills out complete work orders and field complaint forms as work is finished
- Understands and practices all safety procedures outlined by OSHA, State, and OMI
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Performs other duties as required
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper safety attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to service equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, push a push-type mower; wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Two years experience in maintenance of collections and distributions systems
- Possess a valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by ’ insurance carrier
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of collections and distributions systems and tools, equipment, materials used to maintain and repair system
- Have or be able to obtain Class 2 certification in wastewater operations within one year after date of hiring
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Jacobs e-recruitment website with link as follow :