Transportation Planner Job Wayfair McDonoughby admin on more than 30 days
Wayfair Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The Delivery Network team manages all of ’s logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable data and process driven management while embracing ’s entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What You'll Do
- Will be responsible for the daily coordination and execution of cross-dock and regional multi-stop truckload and LTL activities within a defined regional footprint in the US.
- Create and manage a daily dispatch/load out plan for the Operations team to ensure timely movement of merchandise using.
- Manage daily upwards of 300 emails, text and or phone calls between drivers, our suppliers and our corporate team members.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to provide a 360-degree view of merchandise flow.
- Identify and communicate any exception or at-risk shipments, and offer solutions to ensure timely flow of goods.
- Manage carrier partners to ensure daily execution of all movements, review performance and develop improvements to the supply chain based on business priorities.
- Serve as the key operational contact for warehousing sites and carrier partners.
- Uphold Standard Operating Procedures and Key Performance Indicators across the transportation network.
- Work with site leaders to identify opportunities to improve Volumetrics and reduce damages.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1+ years of Logistics Experience or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in building relationships and handling operational exceptions with appropriate communication, and levels of engagement.
- Experience with JDA, Oracle, Manhattan or similar Transportation Management Systems.
- Demonstrated examples of process improvement and KPI measurement and reporting.
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
- Able to work well with multiple cross functional teams.
is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.