Special Uses Resource Assistant Pagosa Ranger District Job Hispanic Access Foundation Springsby admin on more than 30 days
Hispanic Access Foundation Careers 2020 - Hispanic Access Foundation invite a new worker to apply Special Uses Resource Assistant Pagosa Ranger District that will be placed in Pagosa Springs.
Hispanic Access Foundation Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Is interested in and has the ability to learn
- Has the ability to communicate orally and in writing objectively and non-judgmentally with a diversity of internal and external customers
- Provides suggestions for improved customer service and solutions to problems
- Has a strong work ethic and ability to work independently
- Proficient using computers and technology, ability to learn computer programs
- Is comfortable working outside, in all weather conditions
- Background or education in natural resources or environmental studies is beneficial.
- Ability to interact with the public.
- Ages 17 and up
- Available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for 26 weeks/6 months
- Starting September 21, 2020
- Driver’s license required
- RA will be required to drive a government vehicle
- Open to all undergraduate or graduate degrees, preference for natural resources or environmental studies degrees
- Minimum: completed 2 years at accredited university or earned an Associate’s degree or higher
- Environmental Studies or Natural Resource degree preferred, but open to a variety of Bachelors or Masters degrees and recent grads with strong writing skills
- US citizenship or permanent residency. Interns must undergo a government background check if selected.
- Participation in US Forest Service Orientation Training online
- $500 weekly pay stipend based on a 40-hour workweek*
- Free government housing or monthly housing stipend available
- $100 monthly commuting stipend
- Option for health insurance coverage during full term
- Up to $5,000 available for Forest Service work travel, orientation, trainings, professional development opportunities that align with RA role and goals
- Direct Hire Authority Eligibility – after completing minimum of 960 hours, DHA status provides special non-competitive hiring status when applying for Forest Service positions.
- This is a 1099 position. Persons paid on a 1099 basis are independent contractors and are self-employed. Independent contractors are required to pay all self-employment taxes (Social Security & Medicare) as well as income tax. Independent contractors generally do not receive any type of employment benefits from the client. For more information please refer to www.irs.gov or talk with a tax professional.
- Working in collaboration with communities and our partners;
- Providing access to resources and experiences that promote economic, ecological, and social vitality; and
- Connecting people to the land and one another.
- Delivering world-class science, technology and land management.
- Service. To each other. To the American people. To the planet.
- Interdependence. Of all things. People and nature. Communities and colleagues. The past, present, and future.
- Conservation. Protection when necessary. Preservation when appropriate. Restoration, when needed, and wise management for multiple use and enjoyment always.
- Diversity. People and cultures. Perspectives and ideas. Experiences and ecosystems.
- Safety. In every way: physical, psychological, and social.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Special Uses Resource Assistant Pagosa Ranger District Pagosa Springs August 2020 Hispanic Access Foundation above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Pagosa Springs below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.