Production Planner Job ND Paper Sturtevantby admin on more than 30 days
ND Paper Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Production Planner, Sturtevant WI
ND Packaging is an integrated box plant that is a wholly owned subsidiary of ND Paper. Our company is a leading paper products manufacturer in the US with approx. $1 billion annual sales. Our parent company is Nine Dragons Paper (Holdings) Limited, the largest containerboard producer in China and Asia, with $10 billion annual sales. We are an environmentally sustainable company who puts its employees and its customers first. We manufacture various types of high-quality pulp, paper and paper-based packaging materials.
Our first corrugated box plant in Sturtevant, Wisconsin will be supplying corrugated packaging for Southeastern Wisconsin and Northern, Illinois. The corrugated box plant’s major supplier for linerboard and medium is our Biron, Wisconsin mill. Our company has three other mills. Rumford, Maine an integrated paper & pulp facility. Fairmont, West Virginia mill one of only three mills in the world that produces air-dried, recycled pulp. Lastly, the Old Town, Maine mill produces softwood kraft pulp. We are proud of our 1400 dedicated employees, who together work to delight our customers.
We are looking to hire top talent to join our dynamic team and assist our customers! ND Packaging offers full benefits and a competitive compensation. We are currently seeking an experienced Production Planner to join our team.
The Production Planner will work under the direction of the General Manager. This is a full-time salaried position. The hours of the position will be 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
- Demonstrate safety as a core value and establish a safe work environment by actively leading the safe execution of work
- Coordinate production scheduling activity to ensure customer’s orders are addressed expeditiously and to meet customer expectations.
- Schedule the business to meet customer requirements and in most cost effective and expeditious manner.
- Rapid response to the customer service team for change orders and special requests.
- Ensure paper is procured and available to meet customer requirements and to plan a cost-efficient schedule.
- Confirm availability of all necessary raw materials and other components.
- Develop and manage schedules that minimize paper waste and change overs and allows for transportation efficiency and on time delivery.
- Leverage the capabilities of the scheduling system to swiftly develop optimum schedules.
- When necessary convene stakeholders to improve scheduling process efficiency, on time delivery and workflow productivity.
- Monitor the schedule, follow up on possible issues, work with other departments to ensure the schedule stays the course and immediately inform stakeholders when issues arise meeting commitments.
- Manage the schedule to minimize trim waste.
- Work with other team members to expedite all components necessary for ‘hot’ orders.
- Collaborate with the team to identify action items that drive the business to in full 100% on time delivery.
- Collaborate with other team members to identify scheduling efficiencies to grow capacity and reduce cost.
- Act as liaison to scheduling software vendor and scheduling software subject matter expert.
- Recommend and implement software and process changes to build a robust scheduling system that balances both customer and business needs.
- Rapidly communicate and involve stakeholders when meeting customer requirements are in jeopardy.
- Understand and adhere to all policies and procedures for the planner position.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external raw material vendors.
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to successfully complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to consistently exceed expectations in our day-to-day work and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with upmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
- Adaptability – be fluid with ND Paper’s continuous evolution while driving change in a fast-paced environment, equipped with the ability to acclimate quickly.
- Servant Leadership – set an example by implementing meaningful leadership with heart, empathy, foresight and stewardship.
- Demonstrated experience with planning software systems.
- 2 to 5 years in a planner position.
- Previous background in corrugated, paper or similar manufacturing environments.
- Strong administration, multi-taking, planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to use IT systems, including Microsoft Office, human capital management systems, manufacturing systems, scheduling systems and SAP.
- Associate’s degree or relevant post-secondary education required.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Energized by a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Flexible but an unyielding commitment plan and monitor a schedule deliver the customer what they require on time every time.
- Able to manage details yet keep the big picture in mind.
- Calm demeanor, efficient communicator and sound judgement.
- Systems thinker.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Production Scheduling: 2 years (Preferred)
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to ND Paper website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.