Local Truck Driver Job Kloke Group Newport Newsby admin on June 24, 2020
Kloke Group Jobs 2020Description :
Kloke Group strives to be the Mid-Atlantics premier relocation and logistics provider, by having a positive impact on the lives of our employees and customers. Kloke Group was started in 1987 by John G. Kloke. Currently, there are 5 locations serving central and northern Virginia Belt Blvd, Richmond, Fredericksburg, Tidewater and Manassas. We provide commercial, residential and military moves that are local or long distance, along with final stop deliveries for furniture, electronics and equipment, as well as freight services.
Drivers will be required to inventory, protect, load, unload and transport shipment contents or cargo and other freight by driving a tractor-trailer, straight truck or bobtail short or long distances.
To perform this job successfully, a person must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid drivers license with proper endorsements.
- Have an acceptable motor vehicle record.
- Must be 25 years of age for truck-tractors
- Have the ability to read, write and perform simple mathematical calculations. Handle receipts, read maps, road signs and maintain logs.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Meet the physical standards of the DOT.
- Satisfactorily pass pre-employment, random, post-accident and reasonable cause drug/alcohol tests.
- Have the ability to supervise crews of various sizes.
- Working knowledge of preparing paperwork associated with shipment contents or cargo and freight shipments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Hook and unhook trailers from tractors.
- Load and unload trailer, either unassisted or with assistance of helpers, warehouseman or dockworkers, with or without forklifts.
- Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of shipment contents or cargo and other freight of varying weights, sometimes up and down stairs, and frequently over long distances and rough terrain.
- Secure all shipments by bracing cargo on trailer, as required.
- Drive tractor-trailer, straight truck or pack van in all types of weather and traffic conditions.
- Protect customer locations with floor runners, cardboard, door jamb protectors and other pads in such a way as to minimize damage, where applicable.
- Must be able to read and write to prepare inventories and other documents.
- Must have ability to lift a minimum of 150 pounds with assistance.
- Required to lift a minimum of 50 pounds over the head without assistance; 100 pounds with assistance.
- Required to remain alert while driving up to eleven hours at a time.
- Required to enter and exit the cab as many as twenty (20) times a day or more. Cab floor is generally fifty-four (54) inches above ground level, with entry and exit achieved with the assistance of steps and handholds.
- Required to raise and lower trailer landing gear by cranking handle in a circular motion for three minutes ranging from a few times per day to one time following a cross country delivery, depending on whether driver is local or long distance.
- Must be able to reach thirty-six (36) inches over the top of tires in order to pull fifth wheel release.
- Ability to follow DOT hours of service and regulations.
Kloke Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, marital status, disability, or protected Veteran status and will not be discriminated against.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.