Aviation Survival Equipment Technician I Job DynCorp International LLC Miltonby admin on more than 30 days
DynCorp International LLC. Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Aviation Survival Equipment Technician I perform maintenance on aviator’s personal survival equipment and aircraft installed safety/survival equipment in accordance with applicable manuals, publications, directives, and instructions. Includes removal, replacement, repair, and modification of flight survival equipment systems and components.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
Perform buildup and maintenance of flight clothing and other types of survival equipment such as survival vests, protective clothing, signaling equipment and radios.
- Required to inspect, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, and perform preventive maintenance.
Maintain/Issue pool equipment for aviators and air crew.
- May be required to use hazardous materials in performance of assigned duties.
- Use publications and charts to inspect remove/replace aircraft aviator survival equipment.
- Document work accomplished on government and company electric and/or manual Information Systems.
- Perform on aircraft conditional and special inspections of installed survival equipment.
- Order aviator personal equipment parts, tools, material.
- Rig/fit/modify aviators’ helmets.
- Fit/repair/modify survival vest. Rig life preserver and survival vest.
- Install/test emergency radios in survival vest.
- Service, repair and maintain SEA and related equipment.
- Operate, adjust, clean, lube sewing machine when trained/qualified.
- Install/remove/repair grommet/snap fasteners/Velcro closures on aviators’ personal flight equipment.
- Manufacture fabric items from detailed drawings.
- Sew heavy and/or light material, Naugahyde/vinyl.
- Remove/install/repair slide fastener in all types of fabrics.
- Maintains night vision goggles when trained/qualified.
- Maintain cleanliness of the work center and around your assigned work area.
- Responsible for adhering to all applicable Foreign Object Damage (FOD) prevention rules and regulations.
Responsible for adhering to the Tool Control Program.
- Must comply with established General and Industrial Safety Rules and Regulations as applicable to the contract, facilities and job assignment.
- Must possess personal tools require to perform the work in the Aviation Survival Equipment Technician I classification.
- Ensure quality assurance inspections are complied with when needed.
- May be required to perform Collateral Duty Inspector functions when qualified or certified.
- Pursuant to provisions of the CBA, at the discretion of management, may be requested to perform the duties of Lead.
- Monitor and assist the line move crew when operating inside the hanger.
- Assist in ensuring the safety, security, inventory and preservation of Government owned and Company owned equipment.
- Perform other relation duties within the job classification.
Be thoroughly familiar with COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series where applicable, NAVAIR 11-110.1, 13-1-6 series manuals, other applicable Navy Instructions, manufacturers manuals and Company Instructions.
- Must have knowledge of aircrew personal survival equipment.
- Possess the knowledge to operate, adjust, clean, repair, and test equipment.
- Have extensive working knowledge of sewing techniques. Must be able to read, speak, write legibly and understand the English language.
- Must have knowledge of and be able to service pressure vessels.
- Must have knowledge of applicable explosive devises and meet certification requirements.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to read, write, and interpret instructions, technical manuals and/or directives necessary for the accomplishment of job assignment.
- Interface directly with military and company personnel in a courteous and professional manner.
- Have working knowledge of sewing machine operation/repair/maintenance.
HS Diploma or equivalent.
- GSE Licensing (Formal Schooling Required)
CDQAR/CDI (Formal Schooling Required)
Must provide evidence of successful completion of the Navy Parachute Rigger “A” School or the Army or Air Force Equivalent as required.
- Must have two (2) years documented hands on specialized experience in aviators personal and survival equipment maintenance.
- Hazardous Materials Certification (Limited)
Physical requirements in accordance with OPNAV 8023.24 Series
Airfield Operators License
Valid State Driver License
- Must meet any other qualification standards imposed by the government contract not covered by this agreement.
- Physical Effort: Climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, extensive walking and working in tiring uncomfortable positions.
May require lifting of objects whose weight normally will not exceed 50 pounds.
- The diversity of work conditions may range from an environment where there is little to no physical discomfort, to an environment where inclement weather may subject individual to severe changes of temperature, wind, rain, etc.
- May be required to work in areas where high noise hazard prevail.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May be exposed to electrical shock hazards.
Available to work any shift.
Aviation / Support (Full-time) Job Posting Jul 22, 2020, 6:52:27 AM Unposting Date Ongoing
For further information, please refer official source from DynCorp International LLC. on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.