Volunteer amp Transport Coordinator Job Routt County Humane Society Steamboat Springsby admin on June 16, 2020
Routt County Humane Society Recruitment 2021Description :
The Volunteer & Transport Coordinator assists with all aspects of the volunteer and transport programs, including communications, retention, recognition, recruitment and placement, as well as a range of administrative duties. The Volunteer & Transport Coordinator will be directly responsible for placing, scheduling and managing volunteers and community service who serve in a variety of roles at the Shelter. He/she will lead all volunteer orientations and trainings, as well as facilitate effective communication with volunteers via email, in-person and by phone. He/she will maintain, enhance and develop relationships with partnering shelters and rescues to best place animals for adoption. Providing effective database management, data collection and analysis is also a central responsibility of the Coordinator. Daily care, cleaning, and feeding of shelter animals, common areas and operation of the crematorium are also required.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, develop and manage volunteers;
- Maintain consistent communication and engagement with volunteers; create and maintain volunteer training materials, informational handouts, guidelines, etc.;
- Onboard new volunteers, including managing volunteer orientations; work with the Canine Training and Behavior Coordinator to coordinate ongoing animal handling and animal enrichment training for volunteers; work with shelter management and staff to ensure areas of need have regular volunteer coverage;
- Enter and maintain volunteer information in volunteer database;
- Ensure volunteer staffing at RCHS special events, and attend meetings on behalf of RCHS at local businesses, schools, etc.;
- Treat animals humanely, with compassion and concern both on and off the job, and transmit these values to others;
- Recruit, train and lead one-time event volunteers to support fundraising events, as necessary;
- Plan and coordinates all volunteer recognition efforts, including an annual volunteer appreciation dinner;
- Support the Shelter’s goals by developing a comprehensive transfer network to secure best placement of adoptable animals;
- Collaborates with Shelter staff to create transfer guidelines, schedules and ensure adoptable animals adhere to community needs;
- Manage and coordinate transfers of animals to and from RCHS.
- Provide daily management and coordination of volunteers and transfers;
- Professionally represent the mission, philosophies, and goals of the ;
- Ensure compliance with all Shelter policies and procedures as well as PACFA regulations;
- Clean, feed and ensure quality treatment of shelter animals;
- Assist the Shelter Manager and other employees as needed; all other duties as assigned.
Regular and predictable attendance is required.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to the mission, goals and success of RCHS;
- Self-starter with the ability to initiate activities within the framework provided/developed with minimal supervision;
- Knowledge of basic animal health care and safe animal handling practices;
- Ability to maintain professional rapport with RCHS staff, the public, volunteers and stakeholders is required;
- Ability to interpret animal body language;
- Flexibility, adaptability, aptitude for effectively prioritizing multiple tasks and a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail are required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, shelter software programs and other computer programs is required;
- Ability to consistently exhibit flexibility and professionalism.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices, such as typing, filing, etc.;
- Previous experience working with the public, nonprofit experience or previous work in animal welfare is preferred;
- Ability to work independently and effectively with other managers and staff members in order to accomplish daily tasks and provide quality animal care. Able to work flexible hours, which will include evenings, weekends, and holidays is required.
Valid Driver’s License and ability to gain coverage through our motor vehicle insurance is required.Mental/Physical Demands
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles and zoonotic diseases. The environment is moderately loud, and the employee may be exposed to animal bites and/or scratches.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus while performing the duties of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and taste or smell.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position starting at $15 per hour. Benefits include Paid Time Off (PTO); health, dental and vision insurance; Simple IRA retirement program with employer contribution; professional development opportunities; access to low-cost veterinary care through the RCHS veterinarian; discounts for certain brands of pet food and pet medications; reduced adoption fees.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Routt County Humane Society system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.