Farm Assistant Manager Job OZBLU USA LLC Sebringby admin on more than 30 days
OZBLU USA LLC Jobs 2020Description :
Assistant Farm Manager
Ozblu USA LLC/Production Department
Sebring/ Venus, FL
Reports to: Farm Manager
The Ozblu USA Assistant Farm Manager performs the vital functions of developing and operating Ozblu’s berry farm operations in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, and technically innovative. Under the direction of the Farm Manager, the Assistant Farm Manager will maintain the farm, develop plans, and directly manage a variety of its operations. The Assistant Farm Manager will be responsible for executing day to day cultural growing practices and harvest activities to ensure successful crops.
- Manages and supervises with hands-on involvement, supervises all farming activities including irrigation system installation and management, land prep, planting, fertilization, and pesticide applications, pruning, and harvesting.
- Keep up to date with trends and implement the latest and best production practices from within the organization, as well as from universities and other outside industry resources.
- Responsible for collection and submission of production data.
- Participates in weekly and monthly crop status reviews with Production Manager.
- Communicates with the company’s Operations Department to ensure accurate estimates of crops and to deliver high quality products to the coolers in a timely manner.
- Oversees operating budgets, assesses the capital budget needs, manage costs, and deliver expected profitability.
- Ensures compliance with all labor laws, prime audits or food safety, company policies and workers’ safety. Maintains a well-organized, clean, safe work environment. Communicate any violations to the Business and Compliance Manager.
- Travel may be required between various districts and to industry conferences (20% +/- travel).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate farm equipment and heavy machinery
- Operate and maintain drip irrigation systems
- Experience in implementation of fertilization and pest management programs
- Demonstrated strength in operational administration, using office equipment and programs
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with management and team members
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal, writing and presentationskills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Agriculture or related field and/ or an equivalent combination of education and experience (preferred)
- Minimum 1-year experience in agricultural production
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.