DISPATCH ATTENDANT Job South Shore Health Weymouthby admin on more than 30 days
South Shore Health Jobs 2020Description :
Facility: LOC000155 Fogg Road55 Fogg Road
Weymouth, MA 02190
Department Name: Patient Transport
Status: Full time
Budgeted Hours: 40
Shift: Night (United States of America)
Responsible for safe transport of patients, dispatch services and appropriate documentation of services. Under the direction of the Manager/Environmental Services & Dispatch, the dispatch attendant will function within the guidelines of & Educational Corporation's policies and procedures. He/she is responsible for the safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher. He/she is responsible for carrying out dispatch services and the appropriate documentation of such services
1. Transports patients in a safe, timely manner.
a. Picks up patients and transports to designated area within 18–20 minutes as noted in log.
2. Is courteous and professional at all times.
a. Transporters will maintain a professional, courteous attitude toward patient, co–workers and all departments daily.
3. Transports lab specimens from all areas (lab, ambulatory, etc.).
a. Lab specimens will be transported with universal precautions carried out.
4. Transports blood and blood products.
a. Universal precautions will prevail.
5. Transports pharmacy and STAT medications as needed.
a. Drugs will be delivered STAT to requesting units.
6. In time of emergency, brings code cart.
a. Immediately on hearing code 9 call, cart is brought to designated unit.
7. Discharges patients following proper procedure (stop at Cashier).
a. Upon notification of discharge, patient is safely brought to main entrance.
8. Transports x–ray reports, medical records and all other equipment necessary, O2, etc.
a. Safely handles gas cylinders and safely applies patient oxygen administration devices under direct Nursing supervision.
b. All medical records, x–ray, lab, etc., reports are brought to designated area as soon as possible.
9. Answers the phone and dispatches services prioritizing needs of the nursing department.
a. Answers calls within four rings with an average response time of 5–8 minutes.
10. Logs calls appropriately as they come in over the computer.
a. Each call is logged on daily log sheets immediately after received from computer.
11. Attends mandatory in–services as required by & Educational Corporation. CPR certified.
a. Biannually attendance at in–service mandatory; i.e., CPR.
12. Clarifies instructions and asks guidance when necessary
a. Transporters ask for clarification on each call as needed.
13. Accurately informs departments of patient departure and return to unit.
a. Informs departments of patient departure as soon as possible.
14. Procures needed supplies and equipment as needed in a cost–effective manner.
a. Supplies necessary for the running of the department are procured daily and weekly as necessary.
15. Monitors the safety of the behavior management patient.
a. Checks for Blue for Behavior bar on patient room placard.
b. Places medical record (chart) in Blue bag for travel.
16. Assists with maintaining a safe, clean and orderly patient environment.
17. Maintains on–going communication with the nurse assigned to the patient.
High school graduate preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
Previous hospital experience preferred.
BLSBasic Life Support. Ability to move or lift patients and equipment.
Sunday thru Thursday 11pm to 7:30am . 80 hour P/P
Responsibilities if Required:
Education if Required:
License/Registration/Certification Requirements: Basic Life Support (BLS) CertificationAmerican Heart Association (AHA)
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.