Admixture Technician Job Hematology Oncology Associates PC Grants Passby admin on May 30, 2020
Hematology Oncology Associates, PC Jobs 2020Description :
Under direct supervision of a RN working within an Infusion Center, performs the technical, non-judgmental aspects of medication preparation, distribution, record keeping and inventory control. Tasks are subject to sequential or final verification by a registered nurse or a registered pharmacist. Supports and adheres to the Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards. Specific state law may regulate that only licensed individuals perform compounding or mixing responsibilities. As a result, certain incumbents are prohibited from said tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares medication orders by compounding or admixing medications under supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information. Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Checks all orders for insurance approval before admixing. Under a professional's supervision, admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Calculates correct dosage volumes, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents. Maintains indigent patient drug program as assigned. Counts controlled drugs weekly and maintain records.
- Maintains current drug information and MSDS sheets. Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs. Cleans hood daily or as stated in policy and procedures.
- Logs and dates all drugs that are being used. Checks drugs monthly for outdate and other quality assurance activities as assigned.
- Keeps accurate temperature logs. Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
- Maintains proper control documentation of medications, including lot numbers. Complete inventory control of medications.
- Receives and shelves medications. Assists lead pharmacy technician in ensuring that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments. Prepares labels. Files and prepares billing.
- Performs efficient data entry into systems used by pharmacy and admixture.
High School diploma or equivalent. Minimum three to five years experience in a pharmacy with I.V. skills. I.V. certification preferred. Certified Pharmacy Technician certificate or State Pharmacy Board requirement recommended.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with. disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical demands of this job typically require full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination and the ability to read and note appropriate measurements. Requires sitting/standing for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to direct contact with patients with potential for exposure to toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and chemotherapeutic agents.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Waiting period may apply
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Hematology Oncology Associates, PC website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.