Quality amp Compliance Manager Job Burns McDonnell Birminghamby admin on July 18, 2020
Burns & McDonnell Job Vacancies 2021Description :
The Quality & Compliance Manager is responsible for leading all quality and compliance initiatives and system maintenance with a focus on supporting our engineering and delivery teams to deliver exceptional quality and compliance performance. This role will drive a culture of quality and compliance across our entire operation and through all stages of the project lifecycle. Key to this will be to facilitate adherence to our Integrated Management System (IMS), related accreditations, policies and procedures while maintaining compliance with the UK client’s rules and regulations. This role will build upon the IMS system put in place and developed in line with our corporate systems over the last three years. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as the UK point of contact for corporate quality and compliance team in the US who will provide relevant support and guidance.
- Maintain the ISO 9001 Quality Management System
- Enhance and develop relevant procedures and ensure they comply with all company, regulations and industry standards
- Manage all project quality and compliance reporting and communication
- Provide guidance and leadership for quality and compliance matters
- Serve as the lead on all UK quality and compliance issues where assistance is needed.
- Provide part-time support on site to assure operations are planned and conducted in a compliant manner.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to personnel regarding quality and compliance issues and work practices.
- Schedule quality and compliance audits and inspections
- Carry out Investigations, with recommendations and learning
- Coordinate and mentor project quality and compliance assessments. Review any assessment findings with appropriate parties. Follow up by documenting the items which require immediate correction.
- Provide information on latest quality and compliance information / best practices to the business.
- Lead training on quality and compliance to the UK business and Supply Chain.
- Review and complete, as necessary, non-conformance reports and recommend countermeasures as appropriate.
- Report to Corporate Quality and Compliance periodically regarding the UKO quality and compliance progress, challenges, and objectives.
- Collaborate with operational teams to identify needs and resolve potential risks while driving consistency throughout the process.
- Evaluate supplier performance and ensure performance information is included in the company’s supplier database and improvement plans implemented.
- Support and provide strong guidance with the Burns and McDonnell approach to innovation, including the use of new materials, plant and machinery and methods to improve safety, environmental impact, sustainability and programme to support our clients. Particular focus on the compliance and quality aspects of all initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Diploma or equivalent in Total Quality Management or similar
- Member of a relevant accredited institution such as CQI, ideally chartered or working towards chartership
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within the HV electricity sector and as a minimum within a high compliance environment.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a construction environment, including: strong knowledge of electricity networks construction and ISO 9001 Standards.
- Working Knowledge of Electricity in Construction, (Cabling, Transmission, sub stations),
- Good knowledge of data analysis & risk assessment
- Strong organisational skills
- Full driving licence
Job Quality Assurance
Primary Location GB-Birmingham UK-Birmingham
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200923
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Burns & McDonnell system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.