System Administrator Job Yuma Union High School Districtby admin on more than 30 days
Yuma Union High School District Recruitment 2020Description :
The job of Systems Administrator is done for the purpose of supporting and maintaining the ongoing operation of district device management systems and associated on-premise and cloud-based networks, applications, databases, and services; monitoring, configuring and troubleshooting systems and networks to achieve optimal performance.
This job reports to the Director of Technology or designee.
- Configures, maintains, and troubleshoots mobile device management (MDM) and device management infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Intune, Microsoft SCCM, JAMF, Google Admin Console,) and associated systems for the purpose of distributing application software, policies, patches, and updates to on-premise and remote district devices.
- Creates, maintains, and deploys, computer operating system software and software application installation packages for delivery through on-premise and cloud-based software distribution infrastructure (e.g. Microsoft Intune, Microsoft SCCM, JAMF, Google Admin Console) for the purpose of maintaining a secure and viable inventory of district computers.
- Collaborates with technology leadership, systems and network engineers and field technicians for the purpose of developing and establishing device management solutions and practices.
- Provides general support for all district systems for the purpose of troubleshooting and resolving problems across the enterprise.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends changes spanning the infrastructure, user experience, security, etc for the purpose of improving the use and performance of the enterprise.
- Collaborates with a variety of internal and external parties for the purpose of maintaining and facilitating the proper operating conditions of the enterprise.
- Represents the department in collaboration with other departments and outside organizations for the purpose of supporting a broad range of district computing needs, both simple to the highly complex, and evaluating possible solutions, analyzing benefits, and providing recommendations.
Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS in device management, mobile device management, database and file systems; researching, analyzing, and determining computer problems, user needs, solutions, and system capabilities, evaluating computer equipment, hardware and software systems, and peripheral devices; comprehending technical complex information; defining and maintaining system access controls and system security procedures; analyzing and defining computer programs; verbal and written communication skills; identifying, analyzing and resolving problems applicable to automated information applications and systems; implementing procedures and methods used in conducting systems and feasibility analysis; and monitoring developments in the industry and determining the appropriateness in their application to district operations.
KNOWLEDGE of district policies and procedures; information systems applications, technologies, and capabilities; principles and techniques of system analysis and design, functional area needs assessment, and requirements definition; system security requirements and access controls; computer programming languages and techniques; functional areas supported and the specific information requirements and needs; principles and techniques of data processing and applications systems administration; effective business communication techniques; principles and techniques of systems analysis and design applicable to automated information applications and systems.
ABILITY is required to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; analyze data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using a variety of standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; and utilize a variety of types of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data frequently requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; working with multiple projects, frequent interruptions, and changing work priorities; working with detailed information/data and maintaining accurate records; maintaining confidentiality; and facilitating communication between persons with frequently divergent positions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating with others; operating within a defined budget. Utilization of some resources from other work units is often required to perform the job’s functions. There is a continual opportunity to have impact on the organization’s services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. This job is performed in a generally clean and healthy environment.
Experience: Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar program preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Driver’s License & Evidence of Insurability.
Technology Certifications Preferred: Microsoft Server, JAMF, Google, Cisco, Comp TIA or similar.
Stays up to date on emerging technologies
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
FLSA Status Approval Date Salary Range
Exempt 08/12/2020 III
For more detail information, please refer official source from Yuma Union High School District on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.