Desktop Services Administrator I Job Clinical Reference Laboratory Lenexaby admin on July 24, 2020
Clinical Reference Laboratory Jobs 2020Description :
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for the monitoring of day-to-day operational aspects of applications, transmissions, and all customer equipment. Act as primary interface to customers supported by the Information Services Department, including internal users and external clients. Perform real time problem analysis and resolutions, while maintaining defined Service Level Agreements.
- Update, maintain, enforce, create, and ensure compliance is met with all CRL desktop and operational Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assure continuity of the computer system for all system users.
- Install selected software and hardware products as needed and approved.
- Be available for “on-call” support operations as assigned.
- Provide training, advice, and technical assistance to users as needed.
- Maintain Ticket System Requests.
- Maintain and distribute supplies as needed.
- Assist in equipment moves as needed.
- Work directly with customers to provide problem resolution services.
- Exercise sound professional judgment in analysis of problem in order to: 1) attempt hardware/software solution by phone, or 2) decide proper level of maintenance required to solve problem.
- Assist with the coordination of activities within the department to contribute to the overall performance of the department’s operation.
- Be professional and courteous at all times when dealing with customers either on the phone, in person, or in passing.
- Ensure efficient and economical utilization of equipment and resources.
- Ensure the safekeeping of equipment and supplies to minimize abuse, theft, or damage.
- Prepare weekly status reports on all activities.
- Comply with all CRL safety and decontamination procedures.
- Maintain and protect the confidentiality of all CRL and client information.
- Be able to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and health regulations that would apply to this job.
- Desktop Administration: support of all CRL desktops and laptops.
- Ability to analyze and resolve desktop related issues, track licenses, utilize support tools, and resolve all desktop related issues within the corporate Service Level Agreements.
- Assist in the repair, maintenance, and asset tracking (historical records) of field service, installations, or upgrades on desktop systems, applications, and equipment.
- Provide all aspects of printer maintenance and support.
- Install applications via the System Center Console.
- Run Queries via the System Center Console.
- Assist in cable project installations and upgrades.
- Assist in maintaining disk space, monitoring and maintaining event logs, and error resolution on desktop systems.
- Repair hardware as necessary and work closely with vendors to ensure continuity of service.
- Perform support activities utilizing Microsoft Systems management server console.
- Perform system deployment procedures utilizing System Center imaging method.
- Create and maintain documentation requirements.
- Provide phone support for all CRL IS Customers.
- Possess ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues over the phone.
Other duties as assigned.
denotes essential job function
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: 2 years experience in Computer Operations or IS Technical Support. Knowledge of backup devices and databases preferred. Work experience in PC maintenance and support with Microsoft Software experience
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Good verbal, written, interpersonal communications skills
Pleasant phone demeanor and professional manner
Advanced technical and system analysis skills and aptitude
Sound judgment and decision making abilities; must work well under pressure; multi-tasking with the ability to follow instructions precisely
Ability to prioritize and work independently
Maintain understanding of current technology related to Desktop environment
Ability to be at work and on time
- Ability and judgment to interact and communicate appropriately with other employees, clients and management
- Ability to use a computer and telephone simultaneously with the ability to lift 50 pounds.
EQUIPMENT: PC and communications equipment, midrange systems, and printers.
OTHER: Flexible work schedule; work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, may be required; this is an on-call position requiring use of wireless phone for after-hours contact.
The employer shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust this position to meet the company’s changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in the employer’s sole discretion.
denotes essential job function
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Clinical Reference Laboratory system at :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Desktop Services Administrator I Lenexa August 2020 Clinical Reference Laboratory above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Lenexa below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.