Operator Trainee Job Delek US Springby admin on more than 30 days
Delek US Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Operations Technician is the entry level position in the Refinery operations. This role is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and otherwise running various machines used in the refinery process. The Operations Technician is responsible for reading system meters and gauges to ensure proper product flow. This role supports the Unit Operator by reporting readings, opening and closing valves, operating pumps, taking required samples and performing incidental maintenance tasks. The Operations Technician is required to join the fire brigade or emergency team.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with Company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Monitor and operate process units utilizing a wide range of control systems and equipment that includes tanks, mixers, heat exchangers, pumps, furnaces and vacuum systems
- Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems
- Make needed adjustments to keep system processes, including flows, temperatures, and pressures, within acceptable ranges
- Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps and transfer systems that move product between tanks and process units
- Employ standard operating procedures to adjust, maintain, start, stop production equipment
- Continuously improves one’s knowledge of the equipment and keeps up with changes in individual process systems
- Read unit gauges to determine the flow rate of product into and from tanks and the amount of product in tanks
- Manually gauge tank levels and maintain gauge documentation
- Comply with all Company safety and environmental practices
- Reports safety deficiencies and takes appropriate corrective or mitigating action
- Perform housekeeping to maintain a clean work environment and clean equipment such as filters, tanks, exchangers and other equipment
- Communicates with the Unit Operator, Maintenance, and Supervisor to make field adjustments in response to changing process conditions to address or prevent issues
- Participate on the Fire Brigade and Emergency Response Team
- Collect and deliver samples to laboratory to identify product quality issues
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Score a Grade 12 equivalent on education skills test administered by Texas Workforce Commission
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow written plans and procedures
- Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds and climb vertical heights up to 200 feet
- Ability to work in confined spaces and wear self-contained breathing apparatus
- Ability to participate in an emergency response and handle 2½” fire hose
- Able to work a twelve (12) rotating shift schedule, holidays and overtime
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screening and drug screen
- Associate or technology degree in process technology or science discipline
- Training in emergency response
- Two (2) years of experience in refining process, chemical facility or heavy industrial environment
- Two (2) years of experience in mechanical or industrial maintenance position
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of basic science and industrial mathematics concepts
- Demonstrated safety training in an industrial environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Delek US system at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Operator Trainee Spring July 2020 Delek US above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Spring below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.