HR Assistant Job Harpoon Brewery Bostonby admin on more than 30 days
Harpoon Brewery Jobs 2020Description :
WHO WE ARE & WHAT TIES US TOGETHER:
If you are applying for a position with Mass. Bay Brewing Company (MBBC), you may know us as a successful brewery that's been around for over 30 years, and there's probably a lot that you know about beer and the brewing process. But there's certainly more to us than just making beer, and there's probably a lot that you don't know about the people behind what it takes to create some of your favorite liquid! Here at MBBC, we're proud to say that we're employee-owned, and with employee ownership comes a strong sense of pride in our work, and an even stronger culture.
Company culture has always been incredibly important to all of us at MBBC, and as an organization we have been continuously striving to be our very best. We are lucky enough to make great drinks that bring people togetherpeople that are all different from one another. Sure, drinking beer is fun, but it's the shared experience between individuals that adds value to what we do, both within and outside our brewery.
Creating a diverse, inclusive & unified environment is our top priority. We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, and we are putting our efforts into breaking down the "norm" of a White-male-dominated brewing industry. We know we aren't perfect, and we have a ton of work to do, but putting in the work is how we create change. Hiring diverse talent is just the first step. We want each individual that we hire to feel welcome, comfortable and respected from their first day and beyond.
We strongly encourage individuals of various backgrounds to apply and be part of the change we desire that will make us a greater and more educated organization all around! To learn more about our efforts, please visit https://www.harpoonbrewery.com/diversity-inclusion-unity/.
MBBC, parent company of Harpoon, UFO, Clown Shoes, Arctic Summer and City Roots, is seeking an HR Assistant who will ensure efficient HR/office administrative operations; someone who will assist the AVP, Human Resources in a variety of projects as needed. Additionally, the HR Assistant will provide general administrative support as needed within the organization.
WHO YOU ARE:
This is an entry-level HR positionperfect for an individual looking to grow their career within the field. The ideal candidate must have a genuine passion for HR and a desire to positively impact an amazing employee-owned company and culture! This individual must be personable, driven, dependable, organized, and motivated, with an ability to handle a variety of day-to-day duties.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
There is certainly more, but these are the basics:
HR / Administrative
- Working with AVP, Human Resources on special projects as assigned
- Maintaining HR filing systems by copying, closing, and purging existing employee files
- Assisting in MBBC's recruiting efforts
- Maximizing ClearCompany's (our ATS) capabilities and utilizing system updates
- Coordinating and participating in all aspects of the recruitment process including but not limited to:
- Job postings
- Resume screening
- Interviews (i.e. initial phone screens, face-to-face or virtual interviews); welcoming in-person interviewees; managing eligible interviewer list
- Travel arrangements when necessary
- Reference checks
- Holding hiring managers accountable in following recruiting SOPs
- Assisting in the management of MBBC's unique onboarding program for full-time hires
- Providing new hire paperwork and welcome "swag" bag
- Working with AVP, Administration to plan and execute quarterly "6pk Trainings" for new hires
- Ensuring all other tasks included in the Onboarding Checklist are completed
- Ensuring employee data collected at onboarding stage reaches AVP, Administration in a timely manner
- Holding hiring managers accountable in following onboarding SOPs
- Participating in the planning and implementation of facility employee events
- Managing employee "Beer Buy" program
- Company calendar management
- Collecting, editing, and designing department news for monthly newsletter
- Collecting and assembling confidential slides for monthly management meetings
- Revising and managing company org. chart of full-time employees
- Planning and coordinating annual company culture trips according to CEO's preferences; following up on logistics for travel, accommodations, meals, and activities for trip
- Occasionally handling CEO's administrative requests
- Coordinating lunch/dinner reservations as well as catering for meetings
- Other miscellaneous HR/administrative duties as assigned
- Ordering and distributing office supplies
- Distributing daily mail, and special handling of packages
- Maintaining shipping and supply areas
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Genuine passion for HR and MBBC
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Psychology, Business, or a related field preferred
- 12 years of experience in HR or office administration a plus
- Knowledge of ADP, an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and MailChimp a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite
- Ability to multi-task in a timely manner and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate with others at all levels of the organization; ability to work comfortably with higher management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Great organization, planning and administrative skills
OPPORTUNITIES & PERKS
Opportunity to be an integral part of a professional HR team working in a fast-paced and challenging setting. MBBC offers some great perks including potential for growth, great co-workers, a friendly environment (pet friendly as well!), an all-expense paid culture trip, participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), participation in our unique Wellness Program, and, of course, amazing beer benefits!
POSITION: HR Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: AVP, Human Resources
FLSA: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Harpoon Brewery on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.