Casting Production Operator Job Magna International Inc Birminghamby admin on more than 30 days
Magna International Inc. Recruitment 2020Description :
Group: Cosma International
Division : Kamtek Casting
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
KAMTEK is a premier Tier 1, automotive manufacturing supplier that specializes in Class “A” Stamping, Assembly and High Pressure Die Casting that produces Body-side and Door Openings, Roofs, Floor Pans, Wheelhouses, Large Welded Assemblies, Doors, Fenders, Hoods, Lift-gates, Aluminum Shock Towers, and Aluminum Rear Rails. Our capabilities include the manufacturing of Class “A” Body Panels along with Medium/Large Stampings, Large Assemblies and Aluminum Stampings and Assemblies, and Aluminum High Pressure Vacuum Die Casting to our Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) such as Mer¬cedes Benz, Volkswagen, Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and Freightliner. As a local distributor and supplier, Kamtek’ s market segmentation to Cosma International, (a division of MAGNA INTERNATIONAL) provides a “state-of-the-art” product that utilizes the most technologically advanced Pressing processes in order to maintain a competitive advantage to other OEM’s within the market. Our company’s culture of team spirit & mutual respect with a focus on fair treatment helps us to embrace our multi-cultural affiliation with International, and supports our mission through process efficiency and competitive product pricing. Furthermore, the culture at Kamtek focuses on Job Security, with employees being given the opportunity for continuous training, advancement within the skill/trade, and potential for growth within our safe work environment. We offer Employee Equity and Profit Participation programs which increase our employees’ ownership within the company. Kamtek, part of Cosma International and a division of International, represents the most diversified automotive supplier in the world. We design, develop and manufacture automotive systems, assemblies, modules and components, and engineer and assemble complete vehicles, primarily for sale to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) of cars and light trucks in our three geographic segmentsNorth America, Europe, and the Rest of the World (primarily Asia, South America and Africa). Our capabilities include the design, engineering, testing and manufacture of automotive interior systems; seating systems; closure systems; metal body & chassis systems; mirror systems; exterior systems; roof systems; electronic systems; powertrain systems as well as complete vehicle engineering and assembly. We are a leading global automotive supplier with 347 manufacturing operations and 92 product development, engineering and sales centres in 28 countries. We have over 168,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To produce quality parts, on time, the first time to meet or exceed our customer requirements, while supporting the Employee’s Charter and the policies and procedures of Kamtek.
RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY: Responsible for supporting all areas of the casting processsafety, quality, and productivity while adhering to KAMTEK’s plant standards and upholding the Employee’s Charter.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITIONS:
1) Follow and comply with all operational/procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs
2) Understand and promote ’s philosophies (’s Corporate Constitution, Operational Principles and Employee’s Charter
3) Ensure a quality product (measuring tools, part inspection and fixtures) and know the quality procedures to ensure we produce a high-quality part consistently
4) Perform basic troubleshooting and setup (understand job recipes, how to root-cause and correct basic concerns)
5) Understand casting process, automation, quality theory, die protection, and basic order of die cast operations
6) Support continuous improvement and lean manufacturing processes to aid in producing a better part for a better price
7) Maintain integrity of quality to ensure finished product meets Kamtek customer standards
8) Establish and maintain communication with other employees and support departments to continuously improve our quality as well as our efficiency every day
9) Maintain accurate paperwork/production reports to drive our concerns to corrective actions
10) Assure finished product is stored properly and dispositioned accurately to protect the customer and the shipping schedule
11) Help develop procedures and process improvements to make us better
12) Perform other duties as required
SKILL (Ability to do the job)
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently to perform duties with little supervision.
- Willingness to work extended or flexible hours as required to meet production demands
- Must be willing to work in various locations within and outside the facility
- Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Some of the physical demands of this position include the ability to lift 50 pounds, standing and walking for extended periods of time, and occasional bending or stooping.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS USED
Some of the equipment and tools used are basic departmental hand tools and personal protective equipment. Also may include computer and scanning. May include forklift or overhead crane if certified.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required
OTHER: Safe work practices, general knowledge of mechanical operations.
WHAT TYPES? Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
HOW MUCH? 12 months
WHAT ADDITIONAL SKILLS OR ABILITIES WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THE JOB?
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions and safety requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic understanding of casting terminology
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.