Meter Reader 1 Job City of Amarilloby admin on September 16, 2020
City of Amarillo Jobs 2020Description :
- Accurately reads and records water meter readings.
- Accurately reads and records paper read conformations.
- Maintains the departmental standard of an efficient pace while reading meters.
- Maintains the departmental standard for the volume of meters to be read per shift.
- Reports to Utility Billing Office observed meter defects, misplaced meters, illegal hookups and damage to City owned property.
- Oversees the care of handheld electronic meter reading device.
- Safely operates light truck.
- Performs good safety practices.
- Maintains cleanliness of truck and equipment.
- Tracks truck mileage and reports as required.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
"The City may consider all related education and/or experience in determining an applicant's minimum qualifications and starting salary." Additional Requirements: - Ability to learn and navigate specific meter reading routes as assigned.
- Strong sense of direction such as north, south, east, west.
- Ability to operate computers for data entry and word processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to operate small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems.
The is an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information or protected veteran status, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.
The provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case by case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 806-378-4294. Essential Job Functions: Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Employee is also required to walk, stand, sit, hear, crouch, reach, speak, see, and talk. Also requires the ability to make rational decisions and perform repetitive motions.
The employee works in a dynamic outdoor environment in all types of weather that requires being sensitive to change and responsive to changing goals, priorities, and needs. Work Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 hour workdays.
Occasional weekend work may be required. Posting Effective Date: 09-16-2020 Closing Effective Date: Open Until Filled Optional Applicant Documents: Other Document Required Applicant Documents: Special Instructions to Applicants:
For more detail information, please refer official source from City of Amarillo on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.