LPN- Full Time - Marshfield Job Wood Countyby admin on June 18, 2020
Wood County Recruitment 2021Description :
Location: WC Annex NW MSFLD
FT/PT: Full-time 40 hrs/weekWRS Eligible
Deadline to apply: 06/18/2020
Hiring Range: $19.25-$22.05 + PM (1.25)/NOC (1.00) differential
The purpose of this position is to perform licensed practical nursing service care and treatment to chronically mentally ill and developmentally disabled residents according to physicians orders and established nursing practices, rules and regulations. The work is performed under the direction of the supervising Unit Head Nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Sets up, administers, monitors and charts oral and intramuscular medications, catherizations, enemas, venipuncture and other treatments. Performs in-takes and charts residents’ blood pressure, temperature, blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Observes residents for changes in physical and/or emotional condition. Assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action. Informs supervising Registered Nurse. Charts observations..
- Takes and records physician’s orders. Notifies all nursing and treatment team members such as pharmacists, technicians and other nursing shift personnel regarding changes.
- Supervises the work of psychiatric technicians and other Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Reassures and provides emotional support to residents. Converses with residents to assure they are comfortable, explains therapies, treatments, medications and changes in same. Answers resident’s request for assistance.
- Ensures that safety and security standards are complied with.
- Charts nutritional and fluid intake, bowel movements, fluid output, and other resident activities such as leaving the facility.
- Assists in maintaining supplies and medication inventories.
- Maintains knowledge of nursing principles, methods and standards; and health care, sanitation, hygiene and medical and psychiatric treatment.
- Attends care conferences, in-service training, and staff and facility meetings.
- Assists in evaluating technician’s work performance.
Vocational degree in Practical Nursing, prior practical nursing experience preferably in an institutional setting, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities. Wisconsin Licensed Practical Nurse required.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Wood County on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.