Patient Access Coordinator Job UnityPoint HealthMemorial Hospital Carthageby admin on August 3, 2020
UnityPoint HealthMemorial Hospital Recruitment 2020Description :
Interviews and registers patients for hospital admittance, outpatient procedures, and emergency services either in person or on the phone for pre-registration. Obtains all applicable medical, demographic, and payment source information to enable the Hospital to appropriately treat the patient, bill the proper payers, and comply with Federal and State regulations; monitors the completion of the conditions of admissions for each registration.
Maintains adequate skills and competencies on the Epic software; maintains the work ques within Epic assigned to this position; processes any change of address and mail returns received from the USPS. Monitor the incoming calls with proper telephone etiquette and efficiency. Complete billing projects as assigned by supervisor.
Attempts pre-registration and point of service collection when appropriate to remind patients of their scheduled services and to inform patients of their financial responsibility to allow for an educated decision on what the patient feels is appropriate treatment and to reduce back end collection expenses.
Assists the nursing staff of the ER/OP Department by performing clerical duties within the nursing unit as needed; verifies insurance coverage on inpatient registrations, outpatient surgicals, and other accounts as needed; assist the ER/OP nursing staff in scheduling services and setting up reoccurring accounts for those services; monitors the need for call back paperwork for the nurses in ER.
Balances the cash drawer; maintain electronic patient files as needed; maintain departmental supply inventory; prepare the various lists related to patients for appropriate use; communicate effectively with a wide range of age groups from the very young to the elderly and multiple socio-economic backgrounds.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Interview and complete the registration of all patients to ensure an accurate patient medical record. This may include the calling of physician’s offices.
- Assists the nursing staff by performing clerical duties as needed.
- Attempts pre-registration and point of service collection when appropriate while remaining compliant with EMTALA.
- Demonstrates the ability to properly prioritize activities within the department as needed.
- Accurately and promptly handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls with proper telephone etiquette
- Maintain the department standards for financial counseling of patients
- Receive and properly maintain the orders received from physician’s offices for quick reference for patient procedures.
- Helps to maintain a professional atmosphere for patients and clinical staff.
- Maintain the balance of the cash drawer.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from UnityPoint HealthMemorial Hospital on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.