Lab Assistant Job Rocky Mountain Labs Aspenby admin on December 27, 2020
Rocky Mountain Labs Aspen Recruitment 2021Description :
Rocky Mountain Labs is bringing a locally owned, CLIA-accredited clinical lab to Aspen this week. It will be the only regional facility capable of processing Covid-19 PCR tests and will be offering same day, and even same hour, results. It’s our hope that this new facility, alongside Pitkin County’s visitor affidavit, will ensure that our community remains safe and our businesses remain open throughout ski season. We are collaborating with local officials and business owners to create a testing and laboratory operation best suited to meet the unique needs of our town and our valley.
As this is a brand-new lab site, we need several adaptable team players flexible with fluctuating hours and workload, enthusiastic about playing a leading role squashing the Covid-19 pandemic in this community. Looking for full time, part time and temporary support. Flexible hours and shift schedules available, including early morning, late night, weekend and holiday windows for trained individuals seeking additional work. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Prior experience not required, though certainly preferred.
Immediate staffing needs include:
- On-site at our laboratory and retail location @ 620 East Hyman for relatively standard 9-6pm shifts 7 days wkly
- On location at a 5-star luxury hotel in downtown Aspen for 2 different shifts (6-10am and 4-6pm) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Open to temp and part time help for after hours processing and administrative support. Additional testing site locations and shift windows will become available in the next few weeks
- Chart patient data, including name and date of birth. Ensure each specimen is labeled completely, accurately and legibly
- Accept, log and process nasal and oral swabs
- Run timers and carefully monitor test resulting process
- Interpret Covid-19 test results
- Upload results to patient portal and complete all required documentation promptly
- As needed, safely transport, store and dispose of collected specimens
- Maintain proper hygienic testing environment with frequent, vigilant cleaning
- Wear appropriate PPE at all times to ensure personal and workplace/team safety. Adhere to all Covid-19 safety protocols
- Stay in tight communication with collection staff and concierge teams to coordinate calling patients with results, updating clients on processing timelines and to effectively manage workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to ensure all lab operations and clerical duties can be performed, and the lab site can be kept clean
- Support our Lab and Med Techs on an as needed basis with additional duties and responsibilities
- Follow compliance guidelines to meet HIPAA and OSHA standards
- Previous laboratory, testing or healthcare experience appreciated but not required. Anyone with experience in accounting, engineering, data entry & management or operational experience in health care, science and technology could be a nice fit for this role
- Meticulous, organized individuals who understand the serious responsibilities of this position. Strong attention to detail is a MUST. We need someone who thrives in fast paced and detail oriented environments
- Independent self-starters much appreciated. Must be a flexible team player, capable of working with a can-do attitude and a genuine passion for keeping Aspen safe and in business this ski season
- Informed, or interested in becoming informed, on the latest information about Covid-19 test modalities, vaccination information and community safety guidelines
- Must be willing to adhere to all operation protocols and procedures to ensure compliance with local health regulations and safety codes.
- Willing to sign non-disclosure agreement
COVID-19 Precautions: We see ourselves as frontline responders. Our team’s personal and professional safety protocol is critical to the success of our operations. We take our team’s health and wellness very seriously and will have clear operating protocols we’ll require you to adhere to in order to remain protected during the diagnostics process. We expect you to keep us informed of any potential exposure outside of your time working with us. As we live in a very small town, we are seeking team members who already take a high degree of Covid-19 precautions in their day-to-day personal lives.
Additional Precautions Include:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required and provided while on duty
- Health screenings pre-shift. Anyone exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or any other cold/flu like illness will not be permitted to come to work
- Social distancing guidelines in place in workplace
- Regular testing required for all employees at Aspen Laboratories’ expense
- Sanitizing, disinfecting and rigorous cleaning procedures in place
It is the policy of Rocky Mountain Labs to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
We're frontline responders to this pandemic, quickly standing up the only regional diagnostics facility! Very excited about the service we are providing to the entire region, we care enormously about our employee's health and safety.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory: 1 year (Required)
- 4 - 6 months
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Rocky Mountain Labs Aspen e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.