Front Office Manager Job Nobu Hotel Palo Altoby admin on more than 30 days
Nobu Hotel Palo Alto Recruitment 2020Description :
Nobu Hotel Palo Alto is looking for a talented Front Office Manager to guide our Front Office operation. Our ideal candidate will have great attention to detail, proven leadership skills, an understanding of building brand and culture, and a passion for true hospitality and high standards.
The Front Office Manager coordinates the Front Office activities of the Hotel and resolves problems arising from guest complaints, reservation and room assignment activities, and unusual requests and inquiries by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Hires, trains and supervises the Front Office staff. Conducts performance evaluations, and coaches/counsels employees when necessary.
- Plans, organizes, assigns and coordinates the daily activities and any special projects for the staff to ensure compliance with the Hotel’s guest service standards.
- Regularly monitors the payroll budget to ensure labor costs are aligned with the forecast.
- Fields guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions.
- Listens and extends assistance in order to resolve problems such as rate conflict or facilities issues.
- Inputs and retrieves information from the computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of all Front Office reports.
- Regularly conducts Front Office staff meetings for the purpose of keeping the staff informed, to provide training initiatives, and to create a positive work environment.
- Establishes and maintains policies and procedures for the Front Office operation, remaining consistent and holding each colleague to the same standard.
- Assigns duties and shifts to the staff and observes performances to ensure adherence to Hotel policies and established operating procedures.
- Confers and cooperates with other department heads to ensure coordination of activities.
- Meets and personally greets VIP Guests, whenever possible.
- Prepares the weekly schedule and makes modifications, by regularly monitoring the house count and making adjustments accordingly to meet the needs of business.
- Reviews, revises and approves daily payroll reports as needed.
- When necessary, performs the duties of his/her subordinates.
Required Education & Experience
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school degree is required. B.A. degree or A.A degree is preferred. Previous experience as a Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
We have implemented temperature checks and health questionnaires, a disinfecting/cleaning process that is thorough and frequent, and require social distancing and face masks at all times.
- Front Office Management: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Palo Alto, CA 94301 (Required)
- Food Handler (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Do you have open availability? Are there any restrictions to your availability?
- One location
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Nobu Hotel Palo Alto system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.