Electrical Estimator Job Key Staffing Bakersfieldby admin on September 4, 2020
Key Staffing Job Vacancies 2020Description :
We are currently recruiting for a full-time estimator with an electrical background. This position analyzes blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for projects and/or services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze construction drawings and related documents to prepare project estimates using relevant data to determine material, labor, and resource requirements for proposed job.
- Meet with customer, perform job walks/attend meetings to gather accurate information for job estimate.
- Perform takeoffs, request and evaluate quotes, and extend takeoffs.
- Utilize software to input project components and pricing to develop job estimate.
- Work with suppliers and sub-contractors in the development of cost estimates.
- Provide input and estimates on change orders and project alternatives.
- Understand and comply with current NEC codes.
- Evaluate job conditions, decide appropriate labor efficiencies, look for special equipment requirements, special time constraints, abnormal environmental conditions and incorporate into estimate.
- Prepare and monitor submittals for power, lighting, and special systems.
- Write and deliver proposals.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in the electrical trade and knowledge of electrical systems / components
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated, able to comprehend complex proposals and jobs
- Must work well within a team
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills of electrical installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems and equipment.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines, willing to work overtime when necessary
- Prompt, dependable, honest, and possess good customer relationship skills
- California Driver’s License with a clear record
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Knowledge of construction estimating software, preferably with McCormick
- Willingness to learn and grow in profession
- CAD experience / background a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- electrical estimating: 2 years (Required)
- Do you have McCormick software experience?
Company's Facebook page:
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Key Staffing system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.