Patient Services Representative Job UPMC Hummelstownby admin on more than 30 days
UPMC Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Our team is growing and we have a variety of opportunities available for Patient Services Representative. If you're passionate about patient care and looking for a career that offers great benefits and plenty of room for growth, we invite you to explore this opportunity today!
- Help patients navigate the healthcare system by providing clear and understandable instructions. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions or needs to ensure the appropriate continuity of care.
- Assist with administrative duties in the office including but not limited to scanning of medical records and faxing
- Guide patient through use of self-arrival technology or check-in patient at desk depending on patient preference
- Schedule or connect patient to resources to schedule for ancillary services at checkout
- Understands the principles of service recovery and is both empowered and responsible for taking appropriate action to recover from service that does not meet the expectation of the Experience.
- Assist patients in education of financial responsibility and connect them to advocacy resources as needed
- Obtain signature of patient or family member for consent to treatment and financial responsibility following the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules and regulations
- Confirm/verify insurance benefits with the appropriate carrier via online verification systems or telephone inquiries
- Promote My patient portal and assist patients in registration when applicable
- Collect copayments and any other applicable patient payments at the point of service
- Provide a warm greeting for all patients
- Confirm and/or update patient registration information at checkout
- Appropriately distribute / triage phone calls to other areas and / or clinical providers
- Schedule follow-up appointments within the practice at checkout
- Completion of high school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Experience with personal computer based applications, other various office equipment and proficient typing skills are preferred.
- Two years of experience in a medical / billing / fiscal or customer service function is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Prior experience with Medipac, Epic, or other health records systems is preferred.
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
This position will be based at 8012 Bretz Drive, Harrisburg, PA 17112. The hours this position will work include Monday to Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., with infrequent work hours until 5:30 p.m. No weekends and no holidays.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Clearances must be dated within 90 days
is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, our Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life. Designed to help you achieve your goals, Total Rewards support our belief that you're at your best when you're receiving the support you need in all areas of life: professional, personal, financial, and more.
No matter where we work or what we do, we're driven by common values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. 's values of Quality & Safety , Dignity & Respect , Caring & Listening , Responsibility & Integrity , Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive, experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.
For the best application experience, we encourage you to apply for this job from a non-mobile device.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through UPMC system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.