Museum Curator Job Seldovia Village Tribe IRAby admin on December 21, 2020
Seldovia Village Tribe IRA Jobs 2021Description :
Instructions for Applying: Candidate must provide all information requested on the application page. Follow instructions carefully when preparing and uploading information. Please submit Resume and Cover Letter as PDF files only to ensure readability. All materials must be written in English. Resumes must include employment history with dates of employment and include details that show how you as a candidate satisfy the requirements of this position (degree, certifications, Alaska License Numbers, etc.)
Seldovia Village Tribe (SVT) is recruiting for a Museum Curator to support a 24-month project dedicated to the preservation of Seldovia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This project serves to capture this historically significant experience for future generations. Additionally, the Museum Curator will function to develop new exhibits that will help draw visitors to the community. The Museum Curator will continue our oral history project and our “Exploring Old Seldovia” StoryMap.
$24.00 per hour, non-exempt. There is no holiday, annual leave/sick leave, or benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all grant activities including annual reports
- Collect images, videos, objects, or other materials related to the COVID-19 response in Seldovia for historical preservations.
- Conduct oral history interviews with Seldovia residents about the impacts of COVID-19 and general Seldovia history.
- Expansion and continuation of the “Exploring Old Seldovia” StoryMap project by soliciting images from relevant time periods to add to the StoryMap and short audio clips.
- Oversee and conduct museum acquisitions and accessions
- Update interpretive materials
- Care for collection items appropriately
- Design, create, and install two new exhibits for the Seldovia Museum’s temporary exhibits gallery.
- Coordinate with SVT’s Marketing Department to increase visitation by advertising the museum, Seldovia Project Jukebox, and the StoryMap.
- Coordinate the IMLS sponsored four-day Digital Collections Workshop by finalizing workshop schedule, arranging travel for the instructors, and communicating with workshop participants.
- Responsible for overseeing the data collection of museum visitors (to be collected by Visitor Center employees), the number of items accessioned into the collection, the number of oral history interviews collected, the number of visitors to Seldovia Project Jukebox, the number of images and recordings added to the StoryMap, and the number of participants in digital collections workshop.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to live in a remote location of Alaska that requires special consideration for housing, groceries, transportation in and out of our community, and other problems unique to being off the road system.
- This position requires good interpersonal skills, with special consideration for communicating with elders and Alaska Native/American Indian people. Understanding and the ability to overcome communication barriers are required.
- This positon requires the ability to follow directions, work as a team member, and also work independently as necessary. The Environmental Department is a small team that requires frequent interaction among the members, along with regular interaction with the larger Seldovia Village Tribe staff.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 25lbs.
- Current CPR and First Aide certifications are required but may be provided by SVT.
- Must successfully pass a background check and preemployment drug screen
- The ability to read, write, and speak verbally in English.
- The ability to count.
- The ability to draft reports on work as needed
Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free work environment. An individual in this position will work in a shared office space with other members of the Environmental Department, which is located within a multipurpose building. This position will require work to occur in the SVT Museum. An individual in this position should expect to spend long periods of time at a desk. Seldovia Village Tribe is a drug-free workplace and as such, requires preemployment drug testing and random drug testing. An individual in this position is expected to follow all SVT policies and procedures.
Seldovia Village Tribe has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Supervisors, directors, and/or CEO may assign additional functions and requirements, when appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and Seldovia Village Tribe reserves the right to change this job description. Hiring preference will be given to Alaskan Natives and American Indians according to the Seldovia Village Tribe TERO Compliance Plan.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Seldovia Village Tribe IRA on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.