Behavioral Health Consultant Kodiak Alaska Area Native Association Job Tribal Consortiumby admin on more than 30 days
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Recruitment 2020 - Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium give an opportunity to apply Behavioral Health Consultant Kodiak Alaska Kodiak Area Native Association that will be placed in Kodiak.
Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium Jobs 2020Description :
Works as an integral part of the primary care team providing brief therapeutic interventions and quality clinical mental health consultation to providers and patients as requested by the medical providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the organization’s mission and goals, quality standards, and patient-centered medical home philosophy. Embrace KANA’s culture of serving the whole person through our provision of services. Incorporate KANA’s core values of Courtesy, Caring, Respect, Sharing, and Pride in all activities and decisions.
- Uphold KANA’s Code of Ethics by conducting professional activities with honesty, integrity, respect, fairness, and good faith in a manner that reflects positively upon the organization.
- Provide quality clinical consultation to providers and staff regarding mental and behavioral health related issues that are directly connected to the patient’s medical condition.
- Provide brief, solution focused behavioral interventions with active development of behavioral change planning for patients referred to Behavioral Health by medical providers.
- Provide limited follow up appointments to deliver psychotherapeutic care related to the mind/body connection with medical problem presentations.
- Cultivate education, administration and self-management skills for targeted populations with psychological or behavioral health issues.
- Promote medical provider knowledge of patient behavioral health issues and provide education to assist with enhancing primary care utilization of behavioral health interventions.
- Promote a smooth interface between medicine and specialized mental/behavioral health care throughout the organization.
- Promote effective and consistent use of screening tools to identify patients with mental health risk factors.
- Collaborate and co-manage the patient’s behavioral health care with consistent, expeditious feedback to referring providers.
- Provide on-site availability for crisis triage and intervention.
- Document the clinical behavioral health aspect of patient interventions and track the patient referrals to specialty behavioral health care. Complete and submit in a timely manner all encounter forms for billing purposes.
- Support village-based behavioral health workers in implementing integrated care workflows through Vidyo interface.
- Utilize Federal, State, Local and community resources as needed to support patient needs.
- Participate in staff development activities by attending workshops, seminars, and other activities as assigned to improve patient care skills. Pursue training and practicum experience as needed to increase level of BHA certification. Ensure patients receive services in an appropriate, efficient, and professional manner. Recognize the need for development and modification of services and recommend changes. Coordinate services of contracted psychiatrist as needed.
- Analyze situations and conditions to identify problems, trends and demands for behavioral health services. Make appropriate recommendations and program adjustments and monitors changes.
- Participate in staff meetings and peer reviews with members of the medical, mental health, and substance abuse staff.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Health, Psychology, Counseling or related field with two years of experience providing Behavioral Health services under the supervision of a Behavioral Health professional; ability to accomplish professional licensure in the State of Alaska within 6 months of hire.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Behavioral Health Consultant Kodiak Alaska Kodiak Area Native Association Kodiak August 2020 Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Kodiak below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.