Assistant Project Manager Job Gardner Builders Duluthby admin on more than 30 days
Gardner Builders Recruitment 2020Description :
As an Assistant Project Manager (Project Engineer), you support a variety of projects that range in size and scope and receive a well-rounded foundation in managing a project throughout the project lifecycle. For small to mid-size projects, you serve as the project leader. You will manage the project budget, drive the schedule, adapt to changes and address any issues that arise. You will also manage all the administrative tasks and work closely with both internal and external project contacts. For larger projects, you will support the Project Manager and coordinate the day-to-day needs of the project.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of creative problem-solving to meet everyone’s needs. You have excellent decision-making skills and enjoy independently managing your task lists while being part of a collaborative team. You are a warm and empathetic person who motivates the team to deliver excellent quality work that is on time and exceeds the client’s expectations. You live out our culture, vision, and values.
You will be mentored and supported through the following responsibilities:
- Generate project timeline and identify deliverables and task owners
- Assist the bidding process and create pre-construction schedule for design, permit, and budgeting with the support and peer review of Project Manager
- Act as a hospitable point of contact between vendors and owners throughout job scope, communicating effectively on a day-to-day basis to ensure the delivery of excellent projects
- Quickly and professionally resolve issues that may arise with the project on the jobsite or in the office
- Devise and execute owner contract and subcontracts according to project scope
- Create control estimates for jobs upon being awarded and communicate budget information and payment distinctions to accounting
- Direct the work of each trade according to owner and architect requirements
- Develop submittal and RFI requirements and release as needed
- Price owner and trade partner change orders and submit to project team
- Create and submit owner pay application, capturing potentially fluctuating project costs
- Approve trade partner and materials invoices to ensure timely payment of all parties in conjunction with accounting team
- Update project schedule and notify trade partners of expectations regularly
- Maintain consistent and effective communication with all team members, including leading weekly project meetings
- Assist with subcontractor buyout and scope leveling
- Prepare and submit final billings upon delivery of Operations and Maintenance manuals
- Own all administrative aspects of the project lifecycle, including but not limited to:
- Utilize project management database to keep track of project deadlines and manage task lists for all projects.
- Obtain building permits and SAC determination as required per project.
- Process contracts and change orders.
- Communicate all changes and updates to the team, distribute updated contract documents and drawings.
- Create submittal log of required material, product data, and shop drawings and manage the routing process. Track procurement of all materials.
- Build closeout log, obtain documents from trade partners, and compile into a complete closeout packet for the client.
- Assist with data entry of punchlist items and follow up with trade partners on completion of items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Basic understanding of general contracting and the life cycle of a project
- Strong estimating and technical writing skills
- Ability to read architectural plans and specifications
- Proficiency in spreadsheets, project scheduling applications, data entry, Microsoft Office products, Google suite, and Apple devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to relay highly detailed information between team members, trade partners, and clients
- Ability to effectively present information in oral, written, and graphic form
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Ability to manage several tasks at once and exercise independent judgment related to daily administration of projects
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage logistics and planning
- Flexible mindset with the ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to anticipate needs, proactively find solutions, and execute decisions
- Detail-oriented approach with demonstrated skills in organizing and evaluating information
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (construction management, architecture, civil engineering) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years of experience as a project assistant or similar position within construction industry
- 2-4 years of experience working as a project assistant in general contracting
- Proficiency with Procore project management software
Benefits and Company Perks:
- Competitive salary, paid weekly
- Benefits include: Comprehensive health and dental insurance, HSA option with generous employer contribution, life insurance, long term disability coverage, 401k plan, paid parental leave
- Paid parking or paid public transportation costs
- Company provided phone, tablet, and laptop
- Flexible work schedule and paid time off
- Regular company and team outings
- Inc Magazine 2020 Best Workplace
- 5-Time “Best Places to Work” by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020)
- 2-Time “Top 150 Workplaces” (2018, 2019) by Minneapolis Star Tribune
Drug screen and background check required.
How to Apply:
Submit online application, cover letter, and resume at: gardner-builders.com/career-opportunities
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Gardner Builders system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.