Human Resources Office Assistant Part-Time JOB SHARE - The College Of Saint Rose Job of Albanyby admin on more than 30 days
The College of Saint Rose Careers 2020 - The College of Saint Rose give away a chance to apply Human Resources Office Assistant, Part-Time, JOB SHARE - The College of Saint Rose that will be placed in Albany.
The College of Saint Rose Recruitment 2020Description :
This position is part of a job share arrangement of two 24-hour positions.
The Office Assistant serves as the department's primary point of contact by fielding questions from current employees, job applicants, and students regarding benefits, pay, and employment. This position provides administrative and clerical support for the department including electronic records management, on boarding, off boarding, compliance training records management, and routine department correspondence regarding benefits and employment
- Assist with the department's recruiting efforts for open positions by posting positions within the electronic Applicant Tracking System, as well as external sources, assist walk in applicants, provide applicants with pre-employment screenings tests, initiating background checks, and create offer and decline letters.
- Accept new employment paperwork from new employees and student workers, ensuring that tax and I-9 forms are valid. Assist with forms and answer questions regarding forms.
- Maintain a wide variety of electronic databases and paper records to reflect employment changes (additions, department transfers, and terminations) such as the College's phone directory, web directory, staffing summary report, and organization charts. Post updated records on the Human Resources Community SharePoint page.
- Support the Assistant Director of Human Resources in administrative functions related to compliance training on Discrimination and Harassment, Title IX/Cleary Act/Safety. Utilizing the electronic learning platform, ensures all employees are uploaded and sent required training within specified timeframes. Monitors completion reports weekly and updates for new and terminated employees.
- Implement "on board" tasks for all new hires prior to their date of hire including initiating email accounts for new employee, communicating with new employee's manager and IT regarding technology needs and access, and ensuring ID card will be operable.
- Conduct "Part 1" orientation for new hires which includes review of their tools such as email accounts, parking permits. Ensure new employee receives ID card.
- Perform routine office administrative functions such as reception, mail retrieval and ordering office supplies.
- Provide assistance as needed to the Assistant Director of Human Resources, in regards to scheduling all new employee orientation programs prepare orientation kits and maintain associated databases for confirmation of attendance. Provide employees with necessary follow up materials associated with respective orientation programs.
- Maintain all individual employee files and I-9 records by creating new and implementing purging process for terminated employee files. Assist with destruction of old files in compliance with College's file destruction policy. Update records accordingly.
- Process invoices associated with recruiting and pre-employment testing expenses as well as other departmental invoices.
- Implement "off boarding" tasks; track all related steps, remove names from various directories, correspond with supervisor and related departments regarding ongoing accessibility to email, buildings and collects college property from terminating employees.
- Share implementation of the annual employee service award recognition program. Recommend timeline of plans, create and distribute invitations, track attendance, identify award recipients, prepare certificates, organize the selection committee, and work closely with various departments to prepare menu, gift catalog, venue, and technology needs for the event.
- Share in the recruiting, interviewing, selection and supervision of the department's work study students
- Assist with department events such as Open Enrollment and annual benefits fair.
- Review and process Tuition Remission forms for eligible employees.
- Respond to employment verification requests in a timely manner, which involve the ability to analyze appropriate data to obtain correct record.
- Implement, track, and record pre-employment tests for temporary employees including coaches and adjunct instructors. This includes reviewing application and initiating background check and following up with appropriate departments upon completion.
- Share implementation of the annual Albany LIGHT (summer youth employment program.) Solicit requests for student workers from departments, prepare orientation for assigned students, interfaces with department managers on student worker issues, and serves as first line communication with Albany LIGHT program administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma. Coursework toward Associate/Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years office administrative support/office clerical experience, preferably in a Human Resources department or similar high volume customer service environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact, both verbally and in writing, in a service oriented and professional manner with external and internal constituents.
- Intermediate level computer skills using a windows based operating system, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to adhere to department's confidentiality policy.
- Significant phone experience; excellent phone and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to track assignments that must be initiated and completed weeks into the future
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to anticipate needs of a project or office occurrence and take independent action
- Ability to perform Mail Merge functions is desirable.
- Knowledge of SCT Banner, and INTERVIEW EXCHANGE, or other applicant tracking system is desirable.
This is a full year, part-time position-24 hours per week.
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday: 12pm5pm
Friday: 1pm5 pm
In addition to base pay, compensation includes pro-rated participation in college health and dental benefits, paid time off, tuition remission at 50% for employees, retirement plan and the use of our fitness center.
values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, marital status, military status, domestic violence victim status, or any other condition established by law.
is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or line at www.strose.edu/securityreport
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.