Direct Support Professional - Pike County Job Arc of Southwest Indiana Petersburgby admin on November 11, 2020
Arc of Southwest Indiana Recruitment 2020Description :
To assist persons with disabilities in their goals of living, learning and working in the community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist as needed with meal prep, cleaning duties, personal hygiene, grooming, meal planning, bill pay, and transfer of consumers. (May include changing depends, bathing individuals, feeding individuals, etc.)
- Provide supports to assist people in achieving personal goals and desires, providing interaction and choices for activities that support a meaningful day, and support people to be independent in activities of daily living.
- Support The Arc Southwest Indiana’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values while empowering consumer’s life choices.
- Administer medication or supervise residents on self-medications by following direction from assigned medical professionals and The Arc Southwest Indiana’s policies
- Report and/or document in daily logs, data sheets, chrono’s, MAR, communication logs, and money books in a concise, understandable and legible manner.
- Complete all training as needed for consumer care, consumer specific information, Behavior Plan, High Risk Plans, Health Care Management Plans, and mandatory trainings.
- Follow all Arc Southwest Indiana policy and procedures.
- Assist clients with fiscal management and safeguarding their funds.
- Ensures that people exercise their rights and that rights are not restricted without due process, ensuring people are treated with dignity and respect.
- Reports suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation immediately to supervisor.
- Follow all plans in place for individuals including ISP, Behavior, High Risk, and Health Care Management to help develop personal/professional skills and attitudes.
- Transporting consumers to and from destinations including doctor appointments.
- Basic computer skills.
All other duties deemed necessary
All hours worked between 10:00 pm to 7:30 am Monday through Thursday, and 10:00 pm Friday – 7:30 am Monday will be paid at an additional $1.00 per hour on top of the base hourly rate.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Arc of Southwest Indiana e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.