Cook Job St David #039 s Medical Center Austinby admin on more than 30 days
St. David's Medical Center Recruitment 2021Description :
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cook you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Cook like you to be a part of our team.
As a Cook, you will perform the essential duties associated with planning, cooking and preparing foods for service to all customers. Your work will include all patient meals, cafeteria service, and special catering functions for the facility and cafeteria. You will participate in providing patient specific care standards as directed to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- You will review production sheets to determine types and quantities of main entrees, meats, soups, and vegetables to be prepared
- Prepares/cooks food items for patients or residents, staff, visitors and special functions following standardized recipes and acceptable methods of preparation
- You will mixes ingredients according to recipes
- You will bake, roast, and steam meats, fish and other foods. You will make sauces, soups, stews and casseroles
- You will test food being cooked by tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked properly
- You will follows standardized recipe for production of items to insure consistent quality
- You will follow City of Austin, Texas Department of Health and JCAHO standards for food production, food service, and food storage
- You will maintain a clean cook area and will follow sanitation and infection control guidelines to prevent cross contamination
- You will plan cooking schedule and service to insure that food will be ready at specific times for tray line, cafeteria, physician’s dining rooms, and catered events
- Weekly, you will review menus and forecast production needs
St. David’s Medical Center is a full-service medical center offering comprehensive medical care at three locations—St. David’s Medical Center, Heart Hospital of Austin and St. David’s Georgetown Hospital. Located in Central Austin, St. David’s Medical Center includes a 426-bed acute care hospital and a 64-bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women’s services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region’s largest Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cook opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
QualificationsExperience and Education
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent and 1 year of food production experience
- 3 years of experience in healthcare or retail food service cooking
- Current ServSafe Food Handler Permit, Travis County Health Department Food Handler Card or State Food Safety permit within 7 days of hire
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
For further information, please refer official source from St. David's Medical Center Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with St. David's Medical Center, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.