Quarry Operator Job Argos USA Newberryby admin on September 20, 2020
Argos USA Job Vacancies 2021Description :
General Purpose Of The Job
Understand the quarry operation and be able to operate the fixed and mobile equipment to safely produce the required quantity and quality of limestone for the plant.
- Take a personal interest in personal and team safety. Continuously look for ways to improve safety and assist others to the same. Must be dedicated to the safety of yourself and coworkers. Follow all company guidelines and safety standards. Attend safety meetings as scheduled.
- Utilize all safety equipment, personal or otherwise, required by the company, following all company guidelines and MSHA safety standards.
- Inspect all operating equipment each shift, complete inspection sheet and report problems immediately to the Quarry Supervisor.
- Correct any and all malfunctions or irregularities of operating equipment and safety hazards or report to supervisor if corrections cannot be made.
- Must operate equipment and work in a safe manner at all times. Must become qualified on the following equipment: skid steer loaders, front end loader, dozer, excavator, water truck and haul trucks.
- Maintain the quarry area free of hazards, in a neat and orderly appearance that meets environmental standards. This includes berms, roadways, high walls, stockpiles, etc.
- Do any cleanup that is necessary to have a better and safer working environment. Clean up in and around equipment, walkways, belt conveyors, and stockpile areas as needed. Must conduct good housekeeping practices in work areas, including shoveling and cleaning around conveyor belts.
- Operate and assist with maintaining the crushing and conveying equipment.
- Must keep mobile equipment clean inside and out, maintaining equipment in the best operating condition.
- Able to maintain fluid levels in equipment including fuel, engine oil, hydraulic fluid, and any others vital for equipment’s operation.
- Produce sufficient raw materials of appropriate quality to support plant operations
- Conduct equipment inspection as required, properly documenting pre-operational inspection and reporting any deficiencies.
- Assist other departments and contractors as necessary for the efficient operation of the plant.
- Will be utilized in other capacities during times of quarry downtime.
- Ability and willingness to carry out all the major requirements listed above, with appropriate training.
- Previous Industrial Operation experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in current job.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Ability to demonstrate safe work practices and reliable attendance record.
- Experience operating skid steer loaders, front end loader, dozer, excavator, water truck and haul trucks is preferred.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must interact well with a wide range of different personality types.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Communicate effectively with fellow workers and supervisors, ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Be able to demonstrate ability to complete quality work in a timely fashion, without rework
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
High School Diploma
English – C1
Job Type: Full-time
- quarry operation: 1 year (Required)
- mobile equipment: 1 year (Required)
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.