Satellite Operations Specialist Job LinQuest Corporation Albuquerqueby admin on more than 30 days
LinQuest Corporation Job Vacancies 2021Description :
LinQuest is seeking Satellite Operations Specialists (all levels) to join our team in Albuquerque, New Mexico. LinQuest operates a variety of satellites for the Air Force's Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), now part of the US Space Force, under the STEC contract at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque. This contract supports on-orbit operations of six unique satellites, with more scheduled to launch over the next year. We are looking for high quality, motivated professionals to join our team. You also MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE TS-SCI CLERANCE to be considered for this opportunity.
- You will function as a Satellite Operations Specialist and perform real-time satellite contacts, configuring command and control ground equipment during pre-pass, pass and post-pass periods
- You will support system readiness, planning, preparation, execution, and evaluation for satellite launch and early orbit operations, on-orbit operations, and end-of-life retirement and disposal
- Perform mission and pre-pass planning, scheduling, data trending and analysis, real-time operations, and spacecraft anomaly resolution.
- Establishment, implementation, and maintenance of standardized operating procedures
- Conflict resolution to support the acquisition, tracking, commanding, control, and telemetry data acquisition for space vehicles
- Mission data reduction and analysis and data delivery to the customers
- Operational transition of satellites to different ground support complexes as required
- You will develop automated operations procedures and tools
- Implementation of anomaly response plans including participation in tiger-team discussions, recovery actions proposal and evaluation, implementation of approved solutions and anomaly report generation
- Accomplishment of long-term trending of vehicle telemetry and notification to the government of these trends that indicate potential vehicle problems
- Real-time evaluation of spacecraft, payload, and ground systems status in accordance with established mission requirements
Initial troubleshooting of operational problems, assisting in determination of root causes, documentation of these problems, and participates in corrective and prevention activities
- Position will require shift work or support during off-shift hours
- Ability to use Microsoft products
- Ability to use COTS software products
- Ability to be an effective team member
- Competent with presenting briefings, discussing and coordinating problems and recommend solutions
- Requires real-time problem solving skills and ability to follow procedures, checklists and contingency plans
- Must be available to fill operations center crew positions and accomplish shift work.
- Prefer BS degree but years of satellite operations experience can be used as substitute.
- Must have an active TS-SCI clearance to be considered.
- Prefer at least 1-2 years of Satellite Operations experience to include mission lead, vehicle SME, payload SME, contact management, mission planning, and advanced orbital analysis.
- Ability to script and program (Perl, C#, others)
- Experience operating multiple satellite families in different orbits (LEO, HEO, GEO)
- Familiarity with AFSCN and TDRSS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.