Machinist I Job TRAX Test Services Yuma Proving Groundby admin on more than 30 days
TRAX Test Services Jobs 2020Description :
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have one of the following, Machinist Technical school degree/certificate, or applicable military training or 2 years’ experience working in a machine shop environment with CNC machines.
- Must have work experience operating and using precision measuring instruments common to the trade.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Must have the ability and understanding to read blueprints and interpret complex multi-view drawings.
- Must have experience operating manual and CNC mills and lathes.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Must be capable of lifting 100lbs unassisted.
- Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be capable of frequent squatting, crouching, and stooping.
- Must be capable of kneeling, bending and standing while performing maintenance machinist duties.
- Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for Welding, ELMO and Transducers Departments.
- Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
- Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
- Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime when required.
- Must use “down-time” effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
- Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
- Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
- Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
- Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
- Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
- Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
- Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge and the ability to heat treat alloys to customer specifications.
- Experience using Rockwell hardness tester and a computer numerical control equipment.
- CNC programming skills using MasterCam or other programing software.
Terms of Employment & Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
- Must be a current TRAX employee or affiliate subcontractor for internal postings.
***Relevance of experience to be determined by hiring manager.
The lists above are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in this position. reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled. Other Job Information (if applicable) •, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
- TRAX is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
- TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
TRAX Test Services also encompasses affiliate subcontracts. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the subcontracts.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.