Central Kitchen Specialist At Bozeman Schools (#4408) Job School Districtby admin on more than 30 days
Bozeman School District Recruitment 2020 - Bozeman School District provide a chance to fill Central Kitchen Specialist at Bozeman Schools (#4408) that will be placed in Bozeman.
Bozeman School District Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Salary Range: Grade FC, $13.08/hr or appropriate placement on salary schedule. Benefits available. Work Schedule: M-F, following the BSD7 school calendar. 9:00AM-3:00PM
Under the supervision of the Production Manager, and general supervision of the Support Services Supervisor, performs a variety of tasks necessary for the daily preparation of large quantity foods to supply satellite kitchens. Based out of the Central Kitchen, however, trains in all food service jobs to act as a substitute when needed at any location. Actual assigned duties may include all or only some of the functions listed below, depending on location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with quantity food preparation.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Wash dishes, trays, utensils, pots, pans, and large stationary cooking equipment.
- Operate dishwashing machine.
- Keep current and accurate data of all student’s participation in the free and reduced lunch program.
- Cashier during meal service and/or breaks as required by specific job location.
- Follow school district policy and procedure regarding negative meal accounts.
- Fill out daily and monthly reports to accurately record daily meal counts, and perform daily downloads.
- Input account payments as they are received.
- Balance cash daily.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student accounts, and any information regarding participation in the free and reduced meal program.
- Complete banking as per banking schedule.
- Repack trays, utensils, and other serving equipment for return delivery to appropriate site for washing.
- Performs cooking and preparation tasks of both hot and cold food.
- Complete daily production paperwork and tracking.
- Ensure the wholesomeness and attractiveness of food and serve the meals in the fashion that has been deemed suitable for the students.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees, students, and the general public.
- Relieves or assists other employees in higher food preparation tasks to meet any emergent or on-the-job training situation.
- Perform other duties as required in a willing and pleasant manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and organize to make operations efficient and effective.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Safely lift 50 lbs dead weight from the floor to above belt or waist line.
- Must pass pre-employment physical.
- Ability to operate most kitchen equipment.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local health codes.
- Computer experience helpful.
- Assimilate and maintain an organized system for accurate record keeping and cash handling.
- Ability to start and stop projects on short notice.
- Work without direct supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and carry 50 pounds, push and pull 100 pounds using a cart with wheels. The Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in temperatures above 100 or below 0 and occasionally will walk on slippery surfaces. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints and interact with the public and other workers. The noise level in the work environment is frequently loud to where you have to raise your voice to be heard. The employee has a greater than average risk of getting a minor injury such as a cut or burn while performing the duties of this job.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- SERV Safe Certification Required within six months of hire.
- Possession of a valid Montana Driver’s License is required at the time of appointment.
The information in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
Application Procedure: In order to be considered for this position you must apply on the Bozeman School District website (www.bsd7.org). Reference Job Posting #4408.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $13.08 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.