Business Control Specialist Job Freedom Mortgage Marltonby admin on more than 30 days
Freedom Mortgage Jobs 2020Description :
The primary role of the Servicing Business Control Manager is to oversee departmental and process related audits to determine risks, effectiveness of controls, compliance with requirements, and assess if performing within tolerable risk level.
Essential Job Functions:
- Control Environment
- Oversee audits, or reviews, of processes within Freedom Departments to identify key Risks.
- Ability to risk rate areas based on the inherent and residual risk levels.
- Oversees the execution of audit procedures including reviewing transactions performed in the servicing system, documents, records, reports, and policies & procedures to evaluate effectiveness of internal controls.
- Develop or enhance Risk and Control Assessments for all areas of Servicing.
- Identify Controls in place to mitigate any identified risks.
- Effectively test risk controls to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated.
- Recommend and assist departments with process improvements or offer suggestions as to how risk can be mitigated within a process of a department.
Information and Communication
- Able to articulate controls gaps while working with all areas to identify corrective actions needed to strengthen controls.
- Work with Executive and senior level management during audits and assessments.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Identify training opportunities and perform follow up to confirm completion.
- Identify areas at an acceptable risk level and ensure management is made aware.
Other Related Duties:
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, HS Diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with a variety of mortgage banking concepts, practices and procedures. Working knowledge of compliance regulations.
- Ability to work in a team environment recognizes and acts on changing priorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.