Pharmacy Technician-in-Training (Part Time) Job Rite Aid Philadelphiaby admin on December 23, 2020
Rite Aid Job Vacancies 2021Description :
Don’t have a Pharmacy Technician license?
As a new hire you will receive free training with our exclusive Pharmacy Technician Training & Certification Program. Of course, you will need to successfully complete the program to continue working as a Pharmacy Technician.
EXPERIENCE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
What we are looking for
Taking care of patients is not a 9-5 job. Our Pharmacy Technicians come into this role knowing that they will be working weekdays, weekends, evening shifts, and some holidays. Because we work as a team, we all work together to be reasonably flexible to make all of our schedules work. It is because of the friendly, team oriented and welcoming attitude of our Pharmacy Technicians that make the pharmacy of choice for our customers and patients and also for our employees.
Here are few more qualities we are looking for:
- You enjoy providing excellent and compassionate service to customers and patients.
- You can see the bigger picture while still focusing on details.
- You are able to and even enjoy collaborating with co-workers.
- You keep customer and patient health information confidential.
- You can do simple math including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
- Due to certain laws, you must be at least18 years old and be able to pass a drug test.
- Requires high energy and working effectively in a fast-paced environment. This includes standing and walking for extending periods of time.
- Bending, including to unload totes of medications (30-pound max to a height of 4 feet).
- Using near vision for computer work and reading labels.
- Fine motor skills including repetitive motion like computer data entry and counting pills.
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
Ask any Pharmacist, and they will tell you the backbone of any pharmacy is the Pharmacy Technician. There is a chance this could be you! This is a part time role located at our store or another store that may have openings in and around this area.
If you are looking for:
- A rewarding career, including extensive upfront & ongoing training and opportunities to grow into lead roles or training roles.
- A role in a ‘lean’ system- this means you would be a member of an empowered workforce who look for ways to improve processes and solve problems in their department.
- A team-oriented environment where we all get to be our best selves by helping our patients and customers not just get healthy but to — GET THRIVING!
- A chance to join a Fortune 500 company
is a company dedicated to the health and wellness of the communities we serve. Our Pharmacy Technicians know many of their patients on a first name basis, including entire families! We may be a little bias but we think we offer some of the best benefits in the industry. And especially for our Pharmacy Technicians, we provide upfront training that leads to a Pharmacy Technician certification within 6 months of employment.
What our Pharmacy Technicians do
The main role of a Pharmacy Technician is to function independently (after being trained and within the scope of the pharmacy technician certification) so that the Pharmacist can work at the top of their pharmacist license including spending significant time counseling patients.
A day in the life of our Pharmacy Technicians
If you have ever worked in a retail environment, you know there is no typical day. However, here are some typical things you can expect to do regularly:
- Provide compassionate patients service aiming to help the patient solve their problems with their prescriptions and also educating patients about opportunities for pharmacist provided clinical services.
- Perform computer data entry of prescription information. (We use a proprietary prescription processing and insurance billing system known to be one of the best in the industry)
- Accurately completing specific steps in the production of a prescription such as pulling correct medications from the shelves, counting pills and resolving insurance issues.
- Communicate with doctor’s offices regarding questions or issues about their patient’s prescriptions.
- Take a lead role in maintaining the Pharmacy department including with inventory management and keeping the pharmacy clean and organized.
- Retirement savings options, medical, dental and vision insurance, PTO, employee discounts, professional development assistance and more!
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Rite Aid website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.