ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN Job US Department of the Air Force Hanscomby admin on more than 30 days
US Department of the Air Force Jobs 2020Description :
- Using trade knowledge and experience, develops detailed job plans and bill of materials and prepares man hour/cost estimates for the construction, modification, and maintenance and repair of the installations facilities.
- Performs the layout and design of moderately complex mechanical equipment and systems such as plumbing, heating, air conditioning, sprinkler systems, hydraulic compressor system and other related/similar systems.
- Assists individual work centers to identify unusual work and/or material associated with Direct Schedule Work Orders and Work Orders.
- Maintains records of work to be accomplished, accomplished work, and work in progress.
- Performs annual integrated facility systems component condition/evaluation inspection of all real property facilities.
- Performs a wide range of customer service duties/responsibilities and participates in quality Air Force programs.
- Job family (Series)
0802 Engineering Technical
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- A security clearance may be required
- PCS expenses if authorized will be paid IAW JTR and Air Force Regulations
- Recruitment incentives may/may not be authorized
- This posn is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- Position may be subject to random drug testing
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. May be required to serve "on call" and may be required to be available after hours when problems arise
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required. The incumbent is subject to call seven days a week, 24 hours a day
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Work will require travel away from the normal duty station
- Safeguards budget related information and/or files
- Employee will be required to support Base Readiness and Emergency Operations Exercises and Real World Threats and Events
- Employee will be required to support Special Events (i.e. Annual Air Show, Base Exercises) not necessarily performing in their primary skill code
- May be required to train/guide other employees
- Employee will be required to augment the CE Snow Removal Team not necessarily performing in their primary skill code. Will be trained on safe snow shoveling and snow removal and would receive proper equipment
- The work will require the employee to carry an electronic beeper or cell phone
- The work requires the employee to drive a motor vehicle. An appropriate valid driver's license is required for the position
BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for Engineering Technical series, 0802
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade *GS-07, or equivalent in other pay systems. Examples of specialized experience includes technical work in: drafting, surveying construction estimating, physical science, mathematics, aerospace, architecture, chemicals, electrical or mechanical systems, mining, petroleum, or nuclear systems and practical knowledge in methods and techniques of engineering or architecture, construction, application, properties, operations, and limitations of engineering systems, processes, structures, machinery, devices, and materials. Due to the use of the 120 day rosters, the period of experience may be completed within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement.
- NOTE: This is a one grade interval position, since there is no position in the normal line of progression that is one grade lower than the position being filled, employees can qualify with at least 1 year at either the next lower level (GS-08) or the second lower level (GS-07).
EDUCATION: Two full years of graduate education or a master's degree meets the requirements for GS-9. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 18 semester hours should be considered as satisfying the 1 year of full-time study requirement. Part-time graduate education is creditable in accordance with its relationship to a year of full-time study at the school attended. NOTE: You must supply a copy of your transcripts.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-07 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-09 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge and skill in estimating labor materials required for maintaining, repair and constructing structural, electrical, and mechanical equipment components in the building trades, including knowledge of basic mathematics to compute quantities and prepares cost estimates.
2. Skill in computing space requirements for replacement, renovation, or construction of structural, electrical, mechanical and pavement/equipment facility, infrastructure, landscaping and other real property components, including skill at developing rough and final sketches for utilization as directives in performing structural, electrical, and mechanical repair, maintenance, and/or installation.
3. Ability in designing plans for application of structural, electrical, and mechanical facility layouts. Ability to read and understand blueprints, engineering drawings, schematics etc.
4. Experience in conducting onsite facility and installed equipment items including knowledge of contract specifications and skill in developing documents for contractor performance.
5. Knowledge of engineering drafting principles, methods and techniques to prepare final engineering design and contract drawings.
Skill in identifying by individual trades job site in requirements in performing specific duties and prioritizing work site activities.
6. Knowledge and skill in using automated systems with databases, spreadsheets, and Microsoft operating systems for computing labor/material requirements and developing job plans, including the ability to access and locate information through the use of a personal computer or terminal.
7. Knowledge and skill in interpreting and applying building and fire life safety codes in facility maintenance, renovation and construction activities including safety and occupational health practices as they relate to engineering technicians performance requirements.8. Knowledge of facility historical records and reviews of these documents.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Education
IF USING EDUCATION TO QUALIFY: If position has a positive degree requirement or education forms the basis for qualifications, you MUST submit transcriptswith the application. Official transcripts are not required at the time of application; however, if position has a positive degree requirement, qualifying based on education alone or in combination with experience, transcripts must be verified prior to appointment. An accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education must accredit education. Click here to check accreditation.Additional information
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (Includes current Air Force employees): You are required to submit legible copy/copies of your last or most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, (block 24 must be a "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a"1"). Additionally, if you are applying for a higher grade (GS) and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old)
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated well qualified or above for this position. You must submit a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting position, grade level, and duty location.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants): Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
120-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 120-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 120 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible: MSP applicants, if determined best qualified, must be selected at the full performance level and placed at the full performance level.
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit.
If you have questions regarding this announcement and have hearing or speech difficulties click here.
Tax Law Impact for PCS: On 22-Dec-2017, Public Law 115-97the "Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended qualified moving expense deductions along with the exclusion for employer reimbursements and payments of moving expenses effective 01-Jan-2018 for tax years 2018 through 2025. The law made taxable certain reimbursements and other payments, including driving mileage, airfare and lodging expenses, en-route travel to the new duty station, and temporary storage of those items. The Federal Travel Regulation Bulletin (FTR) 18-05 issued by General Services Administration (GSA) has authorized agencies to use the Withholding Tax Allowance (WTA) and Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA) to pay for "substantially all" of the increased tax liability resulting from the "2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act" for certain eligible individuals. For additional information on WTA/RITA allowances and eligibilities, please click here.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
The resume/documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
For additional information on what to include in your resume, click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements for and apply as a non-competitive eligible that meet minimal qualifications and other requirements of this position, will be given consideration as a non-competitive candidate and will be referred unless blocked by an individual with priority/preference.
APPRAISALS/AWARDS: Hiring Managers use objective methods and consider previous performance appraisals and awards in the selection process. Current Federal Civilian employees should list any relevant performance related rating and/or awards in your resume.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
OtherDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. Applicants who do not submit required documentation to determine eligibility and qualifications will be eliminated from consideration. Other documents may be required based on the eligibility/eligibilities you are claiming. Click here to view the AF Civilian Employment Eligibility Guide and the required documents you must submit to substantiate the eligibilities you are claiming.
- Online Application: Questionnaire
- Resume: For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week (if part-time) and dates of employment (i.e., month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position. If you are a current Federal employee or previous Federal employee, provide your pay plan, series and grade, i.e. GS-0301-09. Current Federal Civilian Employees should list any relevant performance related rating (given within the last three years) and/or incentive awards in your resume. Do NOT include photographs (or links to social media such as LinkedIn), inappropriate material, inappropriate content, nor personal information such as age, gender, religion, social security number, etc., on your resume.
- Transcripts/Registration/License: If qualifying on education/position requires education, you must submit copies of your transcripts and if required for the position, submit an active, current registration/license.
- Veterans: If claiming VRA, VEOA or Veterans' PreferenceSubmit VOW certification memo or copy of the official DD-Form 214, which must include the character of service/type under honorable conditions (i.e., with an honorable or general discharge). This will be annotated in block 24 on member copy 2, 4, or 7 of the DD-Form 214. If you are also claiming 10-point preference and/or 30% Disabled Veteran, you must submit a VA Letter or a disability determination from a branch of the Armed Forces (or documentation of Purple Heart, if applicable).
- Current or Former Federal Civilian Employees (includes current Air Force employees): You must submit a legible copy of a SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. The SF-50, block 24 must contain "1" or "2" AND block 34 must be a "1". Employees eligible under an OPM approved interchange agreement, block 34 may contain a "1" or "2".
- Promotion Consideration: If you wish to be considered as a promotion candidate and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one-year time-in-grade requirements. You will need to provide additional SF-50s which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-Grade, Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old).
- Name/Rank/Grade of Service Member
- Branch of Armed Forces
- Dates of Active Service (Start and End Date(s)
- Expected Date of Discharge/Release from Active Duty
- Terminal leave start date (if applicable)
- Expected character of service/discharge and type of separation (i.e. separation or retirement)
- Must be certified within 120 days of anticipated discharge
- Signature by, or by direction of the adjutant, personnel office, unit commander, or higher headquarters commander.
Performance Appraisals for Current Federal Civilian EmployeesMost recent performance appraisals (dated within last 3 years) showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable.
Awards for Current Federal Civilian employeesList any awards received within the last 3 years on the resume.
Note: Applicant must not submit award SF50s-Notification of Personnel Actions (SF50s).
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
Click on "" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide detailed planning for maintenance, repair, and construction of base real property assets. To perform technical work in functions such as development, design, and/or construction of engineering facilities and structures.
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Federal employeesExcepted service
Current excepted service federal employees.
- Individuals with disabilities
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
Eligible NAF employees are considered under Hiring Path"Federal employees-Excepted service" Hanscom AFB is located in a high cost of living area.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to US Department of the Air Force website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.