Technician Emergency Center Job Park Nicollet Saint Louisby admin on April 21, 2020
Park Nicollet Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Position Category: NursingAssistant / Home Health Aide Department: Emergency Center 7020
Employment Type: Part Time Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
Experience Required: 1+ years Union Representation: SEIU (P001)
Work Schedule 0.90 D/E 12hr Q3W Job Code: P120-020
Hours/ Pay Period: 72 Date Posted: Mar 25, 2020
The Emergency Center Technician provides direct patient care under the direction of a Registered Nurse, utilizing his/her skill and expertise to complement other health care providers.
High school graduate and EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) or EDT (Emergency Department Technician) experience
Currently validated CPR skills.
Valid Minnesota Drivers License or picture ID
Completion on EDT program or EMT program
Current EMT License or completed at least first quarter clinicals of an accredited RN or LPN program
For positions with direct patient contact:
Demonstrates knowledge of age related growth and development principles necessary to provide appropriate service and assure safety of patients.
This position requires familiarity and compliance with matters of law, regulations and internal policies affecting the employment relationship, (including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, EMTALA and discrimination and harassment laws).
- EMT-B licensure required at hire, BLS required. Current or recent emergency technician experience preferred. Safe, patient-centered care is the highest priority in the Emergency Center department. Candidate must be dedicated to providing compassionate care to the patients we serve. Candidate should enjoy face paced work environment and possess excellent critical thinking, multitasking and prioritization skills. Candidate must have a clean work record with no “written warnings” within the last 6 months.
- The Emergency Center is a 34-bed level III trauma center that serves all patient populations 24 hour a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. The Emergency Center includes a triage area used to determine the severity of a patient's medical condition; state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment; leading-edge medications and techniques to stop heart attacks and strokes before they cause permanent damage; radio communication systems linking Methodist Hospital's Emergency Center to helicopter and ambulance services across Minnesota. The top two presenting chief complaints are abdominal pain and chest pain. Services are provided by board certified Emergency Physicians and specially trained nursing staff and technicians.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At you're part of something bigger. We're a member of the HealthPartners organization, an award-winning integrated health care system comprised of several organizations. HealthPartners includes a team of 21,000 people dedicated to making a difference for our members, patients and the community. Whether you want to work in direct patient care, or support those who do, you will find a vast variety of job opportunities. Here, your contributions help to improve lives and impact health care for the better. If you want to make a difference, we want you on our team.
Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: Our mission is to improve health and well-being in partnership with our members, patients and community.
Vision: Health as it could be, affordability as it must be, through relationships built on trust.
- Excellence We strive for the best results and always look for ways to improve.
- Compassion We care and show empathy and respect for each person.
- Partnership We are strongest when we work together and with those we serve.
- Integrity We are open and honest, and we keep our commitments.
What makes us unique?
At , we never forget why we're here. Your health and well-being is our top priority and is at the forefront of everything we do. We believe outstanding health care is delivered when we merge the science and intellect of medicine with the compassion, spirit and humanity of our hearts. We refer to this as "Head + Heart, Together," and it exists to inspire constant improvement and lasting success. We achieve this by partnering with patients and families in everything from care decisions to service and facility design. As we work together as a unified team, we engage patients, families and the community, and put them at the center of everything we do.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.