Groundman - UG- Baton Rouge LA Job Chain Electricby admin on November 15, 2020
Chain Electric Recruitment 2020Description :
Job Summary: The Groundman position organizes and prepares vehicles with the correct tools and materials to ensure jobs go smoothly and safely. Assists the Lineman in the various facets of power line construction, repair, maintenance and storm restoration.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsibilities: ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- This entry level position requires little to no independent decision making and works under immediate supervision to complete specific assignments. As more experience/knowledge is obtained, more independence may be exercised on routine job tasks, while remaining under close supervision.
- The groundman ensures trucks are properly maintained and stocked with material commonly used on a daily basis.
- Prepares equipment and worksite for effective completion of assignments
- Works in close proximity of work area to anticipate the needs of the crew, preparing tools and equipment to hand to Lineman/crew members
- Verifies proper grounding of truck
- Safely controls traffic passing in, near and around work zones
- Digs ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Load, unload, or identify building materials, machinery, or tools, distributing them as needed.
- Lubricate, clean or repair machinery, equipment or tools
- Assists in performing maintenance as needed
- Operate a fork lift and other tools
- Use various hand and power tools safely
- Assists lineman framing poles on the ground.
- Assists with washing and maintaining equipment in proper working order.
- Drive and operate the various Chain vehicles.
- Keeps work areas clean and organized, picking up scrap wire, discarded materials, etc.
- Performs any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Ability to travel 100% of the time
- Available to work irregular hours, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Due to business needs, applicant must possess a valid CDL-A license
- Due to business needs, applicant must live within 2 hour drive time of the Baton Rouge, LA area
- Possess own hand tools
- Have a good driving record
- Ability to handle physically demanding construction duties in harsh weather conditions
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Ability to travel at a moment’s notice
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Ability to hear from a long distance
- Must be able to see long distances and differentiate between colors and have clear depth perception, as well as peripheral vision ability
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age (40 and above), religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status where otherwise qualified.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Chain Electric on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.