Case Manager Job Transitions Recovery Bedfordby admin on more than 30 days
Transitions Recovery Jobs 2021Description :
This is a direct care role. It is important this individual demonstrates empathy, respect and consideration for the dignity and self-esteem of all resident participants and fellow staff while providing case management services. It is important that the Case Manager models and promotes a lifestyle that displays a positive attitude, initiative, responsibility and independence. It is the professional and ethical responsibility of all staff to adhere to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of conduct and continue professional development. It is expected that staff fosters and promotes a team atmosphere, where giving help and support to both residents and other staff is customary.
CASE MANAGER – Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Case Management
a. Assist with admissions: go through new admissions belongings and look for weapons and other contraband/items not permitted.
b. With new residents, review organization rules.
c. Gather accurate information and data for Screening, Evaluation and Assessment and share observations and other information with other staff.
d. Documentation and Records Management - Effectively prepare progress notes in appropriate time frames.
e. Acts as part of a team, communicating with other staff case managers regarding client achievements and case intervention needs.
f. Participates in Planning with other staff. Monitors treatment progress including relationships with family and significant others, employment, education, spirituality, health concerns, legal needs, etc.
g. Gathers information and participates in Discharge Planning and Goal Support.
h. Monitors for alcohol and drug abuse and reports concerns to the staff. Obtains specimens for drug and alcohol testing when needed. Perform UDS testing according to acceptable protocol.
i. Provides referrals and facilitates utilization of resources for clients to access Community Resources that are available. Guides residents to access support systems and community resources that meet needs identified in clinical evaluation and/or treatment planning.
j. Provide educational opportunities in the areas of independent community living; including: budget tenant rights and responsibilities, rental/lease agreements, landlords rights and responsibilities, etc.
k. Assist clients find and furnish permanent housing using available community resources.
l. Facilitates activities including educational, recovery, recreational meetings. Etc.
m. Adhere to Professional and Ethical Responsibilities.
n. Assists residents access needed services such as: health, employment, benefits, records, housing, etc.
o. Provides coaching and assistance to residents’ regarding independent living skills, other direct services, recovery skills, as necessary.
p. Promotes connections to the recovery community and the community at large that promote strong and healthy relationships.
q. Is on the alert for safety concerns and communicates them with both residents and staff appropriately.
1. Maintains a current and valid Indiana Driver’s license.
2. Ensures that his/her driving record reflects acceptable safety standards and that s/he is acceptable to drive under the current insurance.
3. Transports participants as needed and appropriate, to destinations as instructed.
4. Ensure that all transportation policies are followed at all times
5. Provides transportation services to clients for medical/clinical appointments and permanent housing acquisition, etc when needed.
6. Perform other assignments and duties as needed and required.
Qualifications for Position:
· BS in Human Services or Mental Health/SUD or related degrees is Preferred.
· Desire for professional development.
· 2 years of experience providing services for this population.
· Solid understanding of Mental Health issues, especially Substance Use Disorder.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
· Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal.
· Strong Computer Skills (Word and Excel). Have good knowledge of computer workings and trouble shooting.
· Have a good familiarity with Microsoft Office.
· Have the drive to succeed, and must be a self-starter with vision and insight.
· Ability to handle stress.
· The selected candidate must have excellent problem-solving and money management skills.
· Possess strong time management and decision-making skills. Able to prioritize.
· The incumbent supports and promotes an alcohol and drug free lifestyle and model’s behavior that promotes Mental Health Well-Being for clients, staff and self.
· Desire to work with people with Mental Health and Substance Abuse problems.
Special Considerations or Requirements (Travel, Special Hours, etc.):
· Ability to transport clients safely.
· May be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
For further information, please refer official source from Transitions Recovery Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Transitions Recovery, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.