Patient Transport Job Northwell Health Manhassetby admin on more than 30 days
Northwell Health Recruitment 2020Description :
- Cleans, maintains and operates transport equipment and operates elevators to move or escort patients/visitors to and from various hospital areas, as directed, following established operating policies and procedures.
- Receives formal instruction/direction upon pick-up and provides formal hand-off report at destination, when not required to stay with patient.
- Reports any changes in patient status/condition during transport.
- Removes and reports defective equipment to supervisor.
- Assists clinical staff with lifting and moving patients for transfer and transport.
- Ensures oxygen tanks required for transport contain sufficient oxygen and are safely secured for transport.
- Cleans transportation equipment according to Infection Control protocols.
- Confirms patient readiness for transport and need for appropriate equipment and ensures that equipment is ready and available.
- Recognizes cardio-pulmonary distress symptoms, sends for code team and provides interim basic life support for airway management and cardiac arrests until code team arrives.
- Uses patient transport tracking system to receive patient information; accept, track and close assignments.
- Picks-up and delivers materials and equipment, as directed, to various offices and departments within the Hospital according to related operating policies and procedures.
- Transfers deceased patients to the hospital morgue in accordance operating policy and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or equivalent certification within first 30 days from Date of Hire, required.
- Must successfully complete site training program in transfer/transport techniques, related body mechanics, safety and infection control policies within three (3) month probationary period.
- Prior healthcare and/or related customer service experience, preferred.
- Ability to utilize electronic technology for data input.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Northwell Health on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.