Motor Equip Opr - 90037574 Seattle Job Amtrakby admin on more than 30 days
Amtrak Jobs 2021Description :
Your success is a train ride away.
connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Functions as a motor equipment operator including but not limited to light cranes, track mobiles, mobile cranes, tractors, forklifts and similar equipment.
- Scrapes and sands as part of the maintenance, refurbishment and repair process.
- Cleans, washes, and wipes down coaches, equipment and panels as required with EPA/OSHA approved compounds.
- Operates the pressure steam cleaner to remove grease and road grime from coach equipment being prepared for maintenance or overhaul.
- Operates the forklift and gas powered mule to transport heavy parts or equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning and reclamation in accordance with EPA guidelines.
- When required assists in floor cleaning involving operation of the gas powered vacuum or tenant machine broom and shovel (Scrubs floor and sucks the water back-up.)
- General housekeeping duties require awareness of Asbestos, PFT, PCB Certification, AMT 2, NORAC, Blue Signal Lock-out/Tag-out, and HAZCOM.
- High School preferred.
- FDA/FRA/OSHA/EPA Guidelines
- Forklift Operations
- Defensive Driving
- Crane Operation
- Locomotive systems
- Equipment/system specifications
- Action Planning
- Confined Space
- Safety Checks & Procedures
- Job Briefing
- Sanding, watering, cleaning
- Hydraulic Equipment operation
- Cleaning equipment operation
- Forklift operation
- Reading (9th grade level)
- Tool use
- Mechanical dexterity
- Math (High School)
- Locomotive/crane operation
- Equipment assembly
- Active listening
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Engineering & Mechanical
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Amtrak e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.