R amp D Wood Coatings Chemist Job Mohawk Finishing Products Mocksvilleby admin on more than 30 days
Mohawk Finishing Products Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The RPM Wood Finishes Group is made up of several brands dedicated to innovation and product quality in the furniture, cabinetry and decorative wood coating industries. With Manufacturing and R&D locations in North Carolina, Massachusetts and blending facilities throughout the U.S., we are able to provide an unmatched level of service, quality products, R&D support and product development quickly to our customers. Our employees are dedicated, innovative and focused on making the RPM Wood Group a great place to grow your career. Come join us.
We are currently searching for an experienced R&D UV Chemist in our Westfield (MA), Mocksville, NC or Hudson, NC facility. This position will be responsible for (but not limited to) maintaining, supporting and growing the UV technology segment of our business. This role will support sales (through product development and maintenance), interface with production, quality, regulatory, EH&S and Marketing.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Included but not limited to)
- Design and formulate products based on UV (100% solids, Solvent borne, Waterborne, and L.E.D.) Technologies. (focus on 100% solids)
- Develop new products through supplier interactions, collaboration, seminars, symposiums, awareness of market needs and competitor offerings.
- Re-formulate existing products as needed for improvements, quality, cost savings, changing market or customer needs.
- Highly organized and maintains records of all work, including lab notebook, reports (internal/external), and projects in the Project Management System.
- Maintain supplier relationships and work closely to stay aware of new technology, regulations and opportunities for cost savings.
- Independently lead and manage projects while keeping management aware.
- Collaborate internally and work well with sister companies to solve issues, grow business and utilize all knowledge and talent within RPM.
- Work with manufacturing to solve issues, follow first time batches and assist QC if needed for complex adjustments.
- Efficient in all UV application equipment (Roll coat, Spray, and others).
- Ability to learn other Coatings technologies (cross train), software systems and changes in processes as those opportunities present themselves.
- Support customer trials, sales and procurement initiatives as needed.
- Work safely and maintain a clean, safe work environment. Travel to customers, conferences, and WFG facilities, up to 25%.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry (preferred) and a minimum 5 years UV coatings technology lab experience.
- Other Formal Education Degrees (containing Chemistry classes) will be considered.
- Advanced Industry UV formulating experience (without degree) will be considered.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical Requirements
Strong knowledge of UV chemistry/technology. (focus on 100% solids UV)
Experience formulating and working in a Wood Coatings R&D lab setting (minimum 5 years).
- Use advanced knowledge to solve problems, improve, maintain and develop new products.
- Knowledge of chemistry, math, the ability to interpret data, draw conclusions, and make decisions.
- Project planning and project management skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills (Internal and External).
- Must be self–motivated, organized and able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to accept responsibility for assigned equipment and workstation including maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ability to write Technical reports, compose Technical Data Sheets, write professional emails and correspond with customers and team members clearly.
- Proficient in using / learning Formulating software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Teams, and other technologies (D365 a plus).
- Ability to match/interpret color and pass Munsell color test (a plus).
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, see and work in an environment where toxic, flammable and hazardous materials are present.
- Must be able to wear appropriate PPE for personal safety and maintain a safe working environment for others.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus Pay
- formulating & working in a Wood Coatings R&D Lab: 1 year (Preferred)
- UV Chemistry/Technology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)
- 25% (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.