Traffic Engineer I Or II Job Sarasota County Governmentby admin on more than 30 days
Sarasota County Government Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Traffic Engineer (Official Job Title: Technical Specialist I or II): This is professional and technical work related to engineering support of Sarasota County’s traffic signal system, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). This position will assist in continuous operation of the Traffic Management Center (TMC), signal timing system, coordinate signal operations with the signal maintenance unit, municipalities, the state and regional entities. This position will also assist in conducting traffic engineering studies and designing and reviewing Temporary Traffic Control Plans (TTC).
Check out our robust employee benefits: https://www.scgov.net/government/human-resources/employee-health-and-benefits
Engineering Analysis and Support
- Assist with the design of individual timing plans and corridor plans using Synchro or current applications
- Provide engineering support to traffic engineering and traffic maintenance
- Support the preparation of ATMS and ITS Master Plan and implementation of the ATMS and ITS projects
- Prepare and review traffic engineering studies and traffic analysis reports
- Perform intersection crash analysis
- Review traffic signalization plans, signal modification plans and transportation construction plans
- Perform in-house signal warrants and intersection capacity analyses
- Prepare and analyze travel time reports using travel time devices
- Investigate citizen’s concerns/inquiries, interact with the public to resolve issues
Signal Systems Operations and Coordination
- Provide engineering support in implementing new timings on state roads in Sarasota County
- Interact with Signal Technicians on troubleshooting issues and maintenance activities
- Assist with maintaining a signal timing database, including tracking and retention of daily timing changes
- Adjust traffic signal timing remotely using ATMS.NOW during traffic incidents
- Coordinate traffic incidents and related issues with the Regional Traffic Management Center
- Assist with the compilation, review and analysis of traffic engineering reports generated by ATMS and ITS Systems
- Coordinate inspection of new signal systems/components
External Request for Data
- Provide timely and accurate response to signal timing and sequencing related public records requests
- Research and respond to requests for signal timing data for traffic analyses for private development applications and maintenance of traffic plans
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Technical or related engineering field and a minimum of three (3) years related Engineering project experience. A Master's Degree may substitute for one year of required experience. Project experience can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis depending on type of experience.
Preferred Qualifications: A Master’s Degree preferred. Experience or course work in civil engineering, transportation or similar. Certification in the State of Florida as an Engineer-in-Training (EI) or the ability to obtain within 18 months from date of hire.
Job-Based Competencies: Synchro and SIM Traffic, Tru-Traffic, SIDRAW and ATMS.now
$46,114 to $56,368
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Technical or related engineering field. Valid Florida Driver’s License.
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience or course work in civil engineering, transportation or similar
- Certification in the State of Florida as an Engineer-in-Training (EI) or the ability to obtain within 18 months from date of hire.
$50,648 to $65,894
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Civil Engineering or a related engineering or technical field. Minimum of three (3) years related engineering experience. A Master's Degree may substitute for one year of required experience. Project experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis depending on type of experience.
- Experience in Traffic Signal and Traffic Management
- Experience in Traffic Engineering Studies
- Synchro, SIMTraffic and Tru-Traffic Software
- Signal Warrants Analysis.
- Familiarity with ATMS/ITS Systems
- Working Knowledge of ATMS.now
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) Certificate from the State of Florida
Sarasota County Government is committed to wellness and successful applicants must be tobacco-free for six months preceding the date of application.
Drug Free Work Environment EOE/AA/ADABack Share
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Sarasota County Government website with link as follow :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.
If you are not interested in Traffic Engineer I or II Sarasota August 2020 Sarasota County Government above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Sarasota below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.