SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC Job US Department of the Army Brazilby admin on more than 30 days
US Department of the Army Recruitment 2021Description :
- Troubleshoots, performs maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
- Troubleshoots equipment and diagnoses the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and computer diagnostic tools.
- Removes and disassembles engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
- Independently performs repairs and maintenance functions in remote locations.
- Conducts readiness and repair inspections on vehicles and associated equipment supported by the activity.
- May maintain and repair electronics communication equipment by removing and replacing components and elements.
- Assists in the maintenance of production reports and records, and makes recommendations to the supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Job family (Series)
5801 Miscellaneous Transportation/Mobile Equipment Maintenance
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- The duties and responsibilities of your job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, and your organization.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
COMPATIBLE MILITARY ASSIGNMENTS: ENL CMF: 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, 94
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: 18 MONTHS experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
Specialized Experience Requirements for NGB Federal Wage System Positions for claiming civilian job experience: Creditable experience must have been performed at least 30 consecutive days and be properly documented.
Experience in the same line of work can only be credited on the basis of a regular 40-hour workweek. Hours per week MUST be documented on resume to receive any credit.
After appointment, reassignment, change to lower grade or promotion through an Indiana job vacancy announcement, an employee must wait at least 18 months before applying for another technician position. This does NOT INCLUDE Temp appointments (Tenure 0) or Temp Promotions. If you would like to request a waiver, download the memorandum from https://gko.portal.ng.mil/states/IN/JFHQ/J1%20HRO/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx OR contact the POC if needed. Waivers will only be considered by the Human Resources Officer on a case by case basis AND MUST be submitted with your application.
THIS MEMORANDUM MUST BE ROUTED AND SIGNED AND APPROVED BY YOUR CHAIN OF COMMAND WITH THE HRO AS THE FINAL APPROVAL IN ORDER TO BE ACCEPTED AS A VALID DOCUMENT. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc., Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic), and Use of Measuring Instruments
SecretDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
1. Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (including Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
2. Other supporting documents if required and/or applicable: DD-214, SF-15, any other documents, etc...
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
THIS IS AN INDIANA NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION
This position is part of the IN FMS 8, Indiana National Guard under Position Description Number D1194000
If you would like the complete list of duties, please contact the POC of this announcement.
Occasional travelYou may be expected to travel for this position.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Internal to an agency
Current federal employees of this agency.
- National Guard & Reserves
Current members, those who want to join, or transitioning military members.
Area 1On-board Dual Status permanent employees (Tenure 1 or 2) ONLY
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to US Department of the Army e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.