Peer Support Professional Job North Dakota State Government Fargoby admin on more than 30 days
North Dakota State Government Job Vacancies 2020Description :
This position is located at the ND DHS Southeast Human Service Center in Fargo. Because of our commitment to providing the most vulnerable with the best possible care, services are provided in person on-site. This position will practice on-site.Independent Living Skills Training including but not limited to:
1. Assisting peers in articulating their goals for recovery, learning and practicing new skills, helping them monitor their progress, supporting them in their treatment, modeling effective coping techniques and self-help strategies and supporting them in advocating for themselves to obtain effective services.
2. Train peers in the utilization of community resources such as medical services, transportation, shopping, recreational programs, etc.
3. Support individuals with struggles pertaining to mental health, psychological trauma or substance use.
4. Assist with registration in MyHealthPointe program for serviceMinimum Qualifications
Requires a high school diploma or GED. Applicant must be in recovery for at least one year and have lived experience.
Lived experience is someone who has lived experience with a substance use disorder, mental health disorder, brain injury or a combination thereof. Lived experience can also apply to a family member who has personal lived experience with providing support to an individual with a substance use disorder, mental health disorder, brain injury, or combination thereof.Application Procedures
- Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if the Department’s Human Resource Division cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. The Department of Human Services does not offer or provide sponsorships.
- All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm.
- A copy of your qualifying degrees transcript and any applicable certifications or licensures must be provided at the time of an interview.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, Please Contact: Samantha Lower
Employing Unit: Southeast Human Service Center
Telephone Number: 701-298-4401
TTY Number: ND Relay Service 1-800-366-6888 (text); 1-800-366-6889 (voice)
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments , please contact [email protected] or (701)328-3290.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.