Slitter Operator Job Samuel Son amp Co Limited Toledoby admin on more than 30 days
Samuel, Son & Co., Limited Recruitment 2020Description :
- Performs / directs the unwrapping of coils where required.
- Performs / directs loading of coils using “C” hook or cables (crane).
- Check coil for gauge and width prior to loading.
- Performs / directs operation of coil car to position coil on uncoiler.
- Works with assistant to feed coil through slitter head.
- Set up overarm if necessary.
- Operates line controls to ensure proper tension on strip. Checks gauge and width on the middle and outside cuts as a minimum.
- Operation of gauge reader (x-ray).
- Visually inspects product for surface defects and reports non-conformances to Line Leader.
- Performs / directs taping / banding of each recoiled strip.
- Marks and identifies each strip by width for the packager.
- Completes necessary production reports.
- Completes daily inspection reports for lifting equipment as required.
- Works with assistant to secure and remove scrap.
- If required, push strips onto conveyor for packaging.
- Operates recoiler unit.
- Assists operator with leveling operation.
- Directs disposition of damaged or rejected strip.
- Packaging / banding duties as required.
- Helps maintain safety standards and good housekeeping in work areas.
- 3Path 5Why Training for Corrective / Preventive Action Process
- Assists with various other duties as directed by the Line Leader and trains new employees as required.
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB (Computer, Programs, Hand Tools, Crane): When performing banding duties or handling scrap material; safety glasses and arm protection must be worn. Slitter, coil car, turnstiles, scrap bailer, computer, console and print-out, transfer horn, coil up-ender, “C” hook (crane), cables (crane), micrometer, tape measure, vernier, calipers and x-ray machine.
Work with and identify: Various types of steel which may include, but not limited to galvanized, CR, and HR P&O.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, experience, certifications, licences or special skills): High school education or equivalent combination of education and experience; English spoken and written; previous experience would be an asset.
Primary Location: US-OH-Toledo Work Locations: OHToledo Service Centre 1500 Coining Drive Toledo 43612 Job: Production Organization: Service Center Automotive Schedule: Full-time Employee Status: Regular Job Posting: Jul 22, 2020, 2:54:24 PM
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Samuel, Son & Co., Limited website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.