CNC Machinist Job Coherent Inc Richmondby admin on more than 30 days
Coherent, Inc. Jobs 2020Description :
The Coherent Integrated Optical Systems business unit is a precision optics and optical assemblies design and manufacturing group, which specializes in high-precision aspheres for a variety of specialized applications including semiconductor and flat-panel display manufacturing, ground and space-based telescopes, defense systems and other exotic scientific and government-sponsored programs. The business encompasses the Tinsley Custom Optics product line, and is located in Richmond, CA.Essential Responsibilities
- Interprets and evaluates optical component drawings and determines best processes and methods needed to meet drawing specifications.
- Programs tool paths for the CNC machining of glass and other optical materials.
- Operates Haas and DMG-Mori 3 and 4-axis vertical and horizontal machining centers to shape optical materials to precise dimensions.
- Utilizes conventional optical machining equipment to shape optical materials.
- Coaches and trains junior CNC technicians in glass machining techniques, optical fabrication methods, and CNC programming using Mastercam.
- Participates in process development efforts that expand capabilities, increase yield, and improve cycle time.
Education and Work Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience with precision CNC machining of glass (preferred, and is optional)
- Fluent in computer-aided machining software (Mastercam, SmartCam, or equivalent).
- Understanding of GD&T tolerances and technical drawing interpretation.
- Ability to train and coach junior CNC technicians in the programming and machining of complex glass geometries.
- Experience with classical optical generating techniques, such as blancharding, spherical generating, edging, and cropping.
- Experience working with aspheric optical surfaces, including an understanding of sag calculations, aspheric departure, wedge, and decenter.
- Experience with metal products will be considered.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.