Communications Center Supervisor - Ambulance Service Job Emergency Inc Breaby admin on more than 30 days
Emergency Ambulance Service, Inc. Careers 2020 - Emergency Ambulance Service, Inc. give away a chance to fill Communications Center Supervisor - Ambulance Service that will be placed in Brea.
Emergency Ambulance Service, Inc. Jobs 2020Description :
Emergency Ambulance Service, Inc. (EAS), a respected leader in the delivery of mobile healthcare services since 1977, is seeking to fill the position of Communications Center Supervisor with an individual who has verifiable ambulance industry experience to include one or more years recent experience as a 9-1-1 communications dispatcher OR as a EMT or paramedic providing emergency ambulance transport.
Our company provides transportation in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA Metropolitan Area and responds to both inter-facility and 911 calls. Service levels include IFT-ALS, BLS and Specialty Care Transport.
Clients include acute and sub-acute hospitals, nursing homes, home health and hospice agencies, managed care organizations, physician’s groups/IPA and insurance companies throughout L.A. and Orange Counties, as well as a regional fire authority and two municipalities in Orange County.
Working under direction of the COO or his designee, the Communications Center Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of the company’s Communications Center.
This entry level exempt position, which is linked in a common purpose with other management team members, is responsible for coordinating the activities of all communications dispatchers and maintaining a close working relationship with field operations, the specialty care program, billing office and outside agencies.
In addition, this position is responsible for receiving requests for ambulance service via telephone, computer interface and radio; determining appropriate responses by way of established dispatch protocol; entering information into the CAD system; selecting and dispatching appropriate units to calls; and maintaining accurate system status control by relocating units to post locations included in the company’s system status plan. This position interacts with field operations internally and with parties requesting ambulances externally.
The job assignment will require a minimum of five 9-hour shifts per work week. The candidate must be able to work night, graveyard, or weekend shifts if staffing needs require that.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the ability to enforce policies and procedures established for the communications center.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate employee work performance and to make recommendations for continued employment and training needs.
- Demonstrates professional radio communications techniques.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate with the public via telephone in a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all communications equipment
- Demonstrates ability to apply a system status plan to daily operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain quality improvement programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and modify a system status plan as needed for efficient operations.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with residents, public officials, government agencies, and political leader when necessary.
At minimum applicants must have an associate degree (AA or AS) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of Zoll Rescue Net Database software; Internet software; ESO ePro Scheduler systems, the LA/Orange County Freeway system and local roads and geography.
Recent experience as a practicing California certified EMT or paramedic is preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is highly preferable as is prior supervisory experience in the ambulance industry.
If you are applying in response to this job post, you must:
- Have a valid California Driver’s License (unrestricted).
- Possess an International Academies of Emergency Dispatch (IAED) – Emergency Telecommunicator (ETC) Certificate or Advanced Emergency Medical Dispatcher (AEMD) Certificate or California Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certificate or California Paramedic License
- Possess a typing certificate (evidencing ability to type a minimum of 25 WPM accurately).
- Have a current Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider’s Certificate; and
- Have course completion certificates documenting ICS Training at levels IS-100.b, IS-200.b, IS-700.a and IS-800.b
A complete Job Description and list of qualifications can be found through EAS's online employment portal. Applicants are encouraged to review the job description thoroughly before submitting.
HIRING REQUIREMENTS (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
ALL applicants hiring is contingent on the following factors:
- Receipt of a fully completed, signed (electronic signatures are acceptable) and dated Electronically Submitted Employment Application.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years of age or older (20 1/2/ for positions involving driving).
- The applicant must possess a High School Diploma or GED.
- The applicant must hold all required licenses, certifications, and/or permits, including proper identification.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive job-specific written examination, which tests base knowledge, and decision-making skills; (if applicable).
- Successful completion of an investigative consumer report (background check) and reference check.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Background Search (for all positions involving patient care) through the CA DOJ and FBI and the Nationwide Criminal Database, which will include a Nationwide Sex Offender Search. The search must indicate that the applicant is not precluded from certification or licensure for reasons defined in the Health and Safety Code or elsewhere.
- Successful completion of a search of the Fraud and Abuse Control Information Systems (FACIS) database to ensure the applicant is not excluded from any government or healthcare contracts. FACIS identifies sanctioned individuals with OIG, GSA, and other federal agencies, as well as disciplinary actions by federal agencies and licensing and certification agencies in all 50 states.
- Acceptable documentation for compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1986, as amended.
- Successful passing of a physical examination and drug screen without any limitations; and.
- Successfully passing an Oral Interview.
We offer our full-time employees and their eligible dependents a package of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Medical options include the choice of Anthem Blue Cross HMO or PPO plans. Employees and eligible dependents are also offered dental benefits through Guardian HMO Dental and vision coverage through Davis Vision. This package also includes company-provided life insurance and AD&D insurance. Employees have the option of upgrading their dental insurance plan.
Other benefits include:
- Company Provided Uniforms
- Competitive Pay
- Discounted Employee Pricing Arrangements
- Flexible scheduling
- In-Service Education and unlimited access to online continuing education (24-7ems.com)
- Paid Jury Duty
- Paid Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave/Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday’s/Holiday Premium Pay
- Employee Assistance Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ambulance industry supervisory: 1 year (Preferred)
- Zoll Rescue Net Database: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMS dispatch: 1 year (Preferred)
- LA/OC Freeway system and local roads and geography: 1 year (Preferred)
- recent 9-1-1 emergency ambulance transport: 1 year (Preferred)
- ESO ePro Scheduler System: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Brea, CA 92821 (Required)
- California Driver’s License (Required)
- IS-100.b, IS-200.b, IS-700.a and IS-800.b (Required)
- ETC or AEMD or EMT or Parmedic (Required)
- typing certificate (ability to type a min. of 40 wpm) (Preferred)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Provider (Required)
- English (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
- Overnight (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Emergency Ambulance Service, Inc. website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.