Manager Practice Group Administration Job Quarles amp Brady Milwaukeeby admin on more than 30 days
Quarles & Brady Recruitment 2020Description :
- Work in tandem with the Practice Group Chair to set the strategy for all aspects of the Practice Group, with particular responsibility for administrative operations.
- Develop relationships with all members of the Practice Group and communicate with them regularly to enable members of the Practice Group to focus on revenue-generation and to maintain alignment with strategic goals of the Firm and Practice Group.
- Communicate and collaborate with other administrative functions in the Firm to ensure implementation of Firm imperatives and utilize Firm capabilities to assist with execution of Practice Group initiatives.
- Foster teamwork and a positive working and service environment for all involved in the Firm's business or supporting those involved in the Firm's business.
- Monitor and stay current on the Practice Group's daily activities.
- Be available to troubleshoot and respond to business-related questions and the needs of Practice Group members, including staffing needs.
- Meet regularly with the Practice Group Leader to discuss management of the Practice Group and implementation of strategic objectives.
- Serve on Practice Group committees, as needed.
- Perform special projects as requested by the Practice Group Leader and other Firm Leaders.
- Work with Finance and Business Development Departments to measure performance of the Practice Group against agreed goals.
- Work with Practice Group Leader and Business Development Department on the production of the annual Practice Group Business Plan.
- Identify needs and opportunities to improve best practice in delivery of Practice Group services and make practical recommendations and/or oversee implementation of improvements.
- Collaborate fully with support services for the benefit of the Practice Group (e.g., Pricing, IT, etc.)
Practice Group Management and Administration
- Organize , schedule, set agendas and prepare for Practice Group meetings including Practice Group attorney meetings, partner meetings, and retreats.
- Review and analyze monthly financial and hours reports.
- Coordinate budgeting and business planning for the Practice Group.
- Confirm appropriate use of charge numbers and co-approve Travel & Entertainment forms and check requests for non-client billable expenses.
- Work with the Practice Group Office Chairs and other administrators as necessary to address timekeeper performance and productivity issues.
- Ensure that lawyers and other timekeepers have essential resources necessary by working with the office managers and support service departments.
- Facilitate accurate and prompt time entry, billing and collection activities by monitoring late time and financial reports, follow up with partners and staff, and reporting to the Practice Group Leaders.
- Track record hours for all timekeepers and partner financial performance.
- Work with Practice Group Leader to implement hiring strategies and processes.
- Work with the Directors of Strategic Services and Professional Recruitment on lateral hiring matters.
- Facilitate an efficient hiring process for lateral partners and associates.
- Work closely with the Professional Recruitment Department on hiring of new attorneys, staff attorneys, and project lawyers.
- Work with Practice Group members and Professional Recruitment Department to execute on non-attorney hiring strategies (patent agents, paralegals, etc.)
- Coordinate Practice Group partner meetings; work with the Practice Group to prepare agendas.
- Coordinate the Practice Group's partner review process and reporting by the Practice Group Leader to the Firm.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a financial role in a service industry.
- Experience in Intellectual Property a plus.
- Must be highly organized, detail orientated, and have the ability to perform at a managerial level.
- Possess a strong business and financial acumen; strong practical problem solving abilities using logic, analysis, creativity, follow through, and client service skills, good judgement and strong decision making skills including the ability to understand complex situations, effectively analyze options and develop sound conclusions.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with a broad array of individuals at varying levels of the Firm.
- Ability to explain/sell the needs of the Practice Group to others.
- Competence in setting structure especially where none exists.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate.
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other applicable business software applications.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
- All applications will be treated confidentially.
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Manager Practice Group Administration Milwaukee August 2020 Quarles & Brady above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Milwaukee below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.